Thursday, October 23, 2014

Madison: Foley Wedding


Pooch Badger Pride.
We were so excited for another excuse to visit great friends in Madison, WI!  Mike and Ashley were going to get married back home in Madison and Paul was honored to be included as a part of the ceremony.  Paul and I decided that the flights were not going to cooperate with our schedules and with the pooch, so we kindly asked if Becca would host us for the weekend!   Thank goodness for roomies - am I right?!?  

Lyssa, Becca, and I getting our share of classic Wisconsin grub on Capital Square!

Due to the anticipated arrival, Lyssa made the trip down to our "Nation's Capital"(haha for a Wisconsinite, Madison is all you need).  Paul, Dale and I rolled in late in the evening on Thursday and finally got Dale to take a chill pill and snooze for a few hours.  Friday we had the chance to run around state street for a bit before heading to the rehearsal festivities.  We decided to go to the Tipsy Cow in order to get my fill of cheese curds.  We also walked up and down State Street to bring back some great college memories!  The trip was completed with a stop at the University Book Store. 

Thumbs up for pulled pork.

While we were walking on State Street I had the chance to see Hanna, my manager while I was working in the ADRC!  What a pleasant surprise!  I couldn't believe that we actually ran into one another by chance - it was fate.  Sounds like everything is busy and exciting as usual in the ADRC, which is excellent news.

Feels so good to be back in Madison where the magic began!

That afternoon we made our way to the rehearsal and enjoyed the rehearsal dinner at Harvest.  It was such a nice dinner complete with Old Fashions and beautiful toasts by family and friends.  We then followed the masses down to the Union for a free concert and to meet up with the Bjorks!  Laura and Jon met us down there for a beverage before we made our way up to the Piano Bar.  Paul and I haven't been to the Piano bar in years!  The last time was with Mike and Brian in Med School.  It was an absolute blast and made me miss Madison more than ever!

The Union Terrace on a summer night, there is nothing better.

Saturday morning was a mad dash, and Paul was running around to try to find a pair of pants that would fit him.  He had two rounds of slacks that were too short - the pictures are hysterical!  My parents also made the trip down to Madison and we met up with the whole Kendall Ave gang, Winsand Family included at a highly recommended brunch joint from Garrett and Becs.  I couldn't believe we were able to get that many people together from all over the state!  We had a great time hearing about Em and Sarah's adventures in Europe and Becca's recent engagement!  It was such a treat to sneak in a breakfast with everyone. 

Breakfast with my favorite Madison roomies and ladies!
The wedding ceremony arch - so beautiful!

I ran home to find Paul with a pair of pants that fit and we both frantically got ready in order to get to the wedding in time for the main event.  I found myself curling my hair in a hotel bathroom and Paul was early enough to grab a few photos before welcoming the bride and groom down the isle.  The wedding set up was absolutely stunning. The flowers were beautiful and made the whole event come together perfectly.  It was Ashley and Mike to an absolute "T".  We had cheese curds and sat down for dinner. I had the pleasure of catching up with Tony who I hadn't seen in ages!  He was just as hilarious and wild as ever which was pretty awesome. 

The Groomsmen - the tall one is my personal favorite. 
Foley love.

Shortly after dinner it was time for the boys to shorten their ties and let their hair down on the dance floor.  I of course had to bust a few moves myself and challenged Tony to a thriller dance party. Paul requested the Desperation Samba which was mostly awkward but also slightly funny.  The day went by way too fast and before we knew it, they were calling for the last song and Paul and I had to head back to Becca's to reunite with our rowdy pooch.  

Paul and I about to hit the dance floor...
It's a short tie affair.
There it is. Boom. 

The next morning, we hit the road early and made our way back to Pittsburgh.  It was an absolutely wonderful weekend full of family, friends, Wisconsin flavors and activities.  We are so happy to have been a part of this special day and Ashley and Foley's wedding!  The wedding was just as beautiful as the marriage that began on that day!

Dale, tired from a Madison weekend - back to PIT we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment