Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fall Activities with Friends


I like a good catch all post every once and while.  There are plenty of weekend and fun activities that I miss throughout the seasons since I would spend every minute blogging and wouldn't be able to keep up (not that I'm particularly good at keeping up now!).

Fall adventures for eatable treats. 

This Fall Anna, Katie and I got up the urge to go Apple and Pumpkin picking for a weekend festivity.  Anna was nice and pregnant, so we had to keep our activities at the level of clean family fun! We went out to Soergel Orchards in Wexford.  The place was so popular that we were stuck on the highway exit ramp as cars were piling in to Soergel's!  We took the tractor hay wagon down to the action and "picked" our apples out of crates instead of off the trees.  The pumpkins in the patch were looking a little rough - and we had bought so many heavy apples and sweets that there wasn't much room to carry a pumpkin back to the car.  It was a nice adventure out into the burbs - and ended in some amazing Apple Cider and kettle corn. 

Off to the crates of apples!
Anna examining the tractor and apple trees!

After Paul left for Italy, I had a lot of different opportunities to join people for dinner.  One such dinner celebration was for Lori's new job appointment at Jefferson!  She is starting an OB position there and it seems like it's going to be a winner!  We went out to Double Wide Grill and I ordered a plate of Nachos that were twice the size of my face.  Worth it.  It was a nice little celebration!  

Double Wide Nachos... probably for a table and not one person.

Dale and I on Fall walks in Frick Park!
Other adventures included shopping at Ikea with Josiah to buy a bed for the expanding nursery!  It was a Monday which means all you can eat with your receipt.  I included a picture of our trays for your entertainment.  I love Naked Juice, so I loaded up on my favorite flavor: The Green Machine.

Ikea Lunch: Swedish Fish, Cake, Mac'n'Cheese and 12 Naked Juices.
Here's to Fall, and all of the fun that goes with the perfect season!  
Now onto the blustery winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment