Sunday, October 27, 2013

End of Surgery - Start of PhD Land!



Well, after surgery marked the big transition.  

Official Start of my PhD.

July 1, 2013 

I crammed and finished my surgery shelf, had a day to myself and then it was directly to lab without a break! 

The moment I walked into lab it felt like the clock was ticking, yet I had endless time to get things done.  For that reason the first few weeks are painfully difficult to focus on the project/thesis at hand.  Additionally, I kept getting to lab WAY too early and couldn't convince myself that it was normal to sleep past 4:30AM.

I decided to do my PhD research in the McGeachy Lab, and I couldn't be happier.  The atmosphere and environment is collaborative, fun, and a place I can see myself talking too much to my awesome coworkers!  The transition was easy in some ways and difficult in other ways - since it is such a drastic change in pace and thought processes from the clinical world.

I will surely keep you updated with the progress of my research as the years go past!  

Thank you for joining me on this wild adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment