Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Nashville

Our wonderful hosts and Paul on a walk in the park.
Paul was deal searching online and came across some cheap airline tickets to Nashville.  So we decided to snap and take a quick weekend vacation to visit Dave and Jenny in Nashville.  When you have friends in the area with a couch, the vacation is really reasonable - and worth a weekend visit.

Trees grow in interesting configurations.
My husband and I on our first big vacation!

Once we arrived, Dave drove us around to the strip and showed us a few sites in the car.  The weather was great so we took advantage of the warm temps and went for plenty of walks.  We walked to Vanderbilt and saw the campus.  Dave and Jenny are also by a beautiful park which served as a great opportunity for photos and strolls. 

Birds and fountains in the park.
Beautiful church doors, I would love these in my house one day.
They took us to an excellent burger joint and followed it up with a large portion of ice cream which was absolutely delicious. The following day, Paul and I ran down to the strip and got caught in the middle of a Veterans Day parade.  It was a nice surprise so we stopped and watched all the floats and veterans walking through.  There were families out enjoying the sunshine and nice weather.  I found a store and almost bought three pairs of cowboy boots.  I am a HUGE country music fan - it took all of my will power to walk away from Nashville without boots and a hat.  I wanted to buy them so bad.  It's really an excuse to go down to Nashville again with my girl friends and do some shopping - their opinions matter when it comes to country apparel.
My dream store.  I almost bought three pairs of boots, a little excessive.
Oh how I wanted to go to the honky-tonks.
Jenny cooked a great meal with butternut squash and we also got in a few episodes of Sherlock.  It was a perfect relaxing weekend and vacation.  We cannot wait to visit again, I have always been a big Nashville fan for obvious reasons.
My date Paul. We'll be back to Nashville almost certainly!

No comments:

Post a Comment