Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Meat and Potatoes for Buck: An Annual Tradition!

Corndog appetizer... they weren't kidding, this one is for Lyssa.

One of my final weeks in Pittsburgh, before leaving for Palermo, was a busy one to say the least.  I was working long hours, meeting with a variety of different people and trying to get to the bottom of some changes with my PhD training.  It was stressful to say the least.  Of course Thanksgiving was approaching too, which means it’s a time to remember some of the fond times I spent together with Joel.

The photo-worthy feast of meat!

One tradition that Paul and I usually do to celebrate Joel’s life is to take time to enjoy a nice meal at Meat and Potatoes.  Paul was out of town this year and lucky for me my friends offered to take me out for the evening!  I was so excited when they remembered this tradition and offered to join me on this special dinner!  Friends are such a special blessing.

The Ladies: Anna, Alyce, Katie!

Out to Celebrate at Meat and Potatoes!

We enjoyed a lengthy dinner at Meat and Potatoes with a celebratory toast to Uncle Buck.  Oddly enough, the table we were sat at left me staring into the eyes of a head mounted white tail buck the whole dinner.  Coincidence? I think not!

The table behind Josiah was not particularly amused...

The meal was fantastic.  Taylor and Josiah split the “Meat and Potatoes for Two” special that came with bone marrow, a large cut of beef and delicious potato wedges.  It was entertaining to watch them take the meal down.  This was after a round of appetizers!  I ordered the goat burger, which was excellent.  A fine choice for meals, that is for sure!


Taylor... the champion.

Thank you for joining me on this special night – it was such a treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment