Saturday, January 17, 2015

Wisconsin For Thanksgiving

It was an adventure.  Dale and I were on our way to Wisconsin!  He was a little bit bigger than the last time I tried to bring him on the plane for Thanksgiving, exactly one year ago.  I stuffed the little rascal into his kennel and Josiah was kind enough to bring us to the airport early Saturday morning.  I thought Dale was going to be able to handle the trip without drugs considering he didn't get much sleep the night before, and I dropped him off at Camp Bow Wow for some energy expenditure.  I was wrong.

Dale in the Pittsburgh Airport ready for mischief! 

He quickly figured out that if he stuck his nose out of the ripped travel carrier in just the right spot he could escape... pretty rapidly.  We were fortunately upgraded to the first class area, only to have Dale yip and pop his head out continuously. Thank you Dale, very relaxing first class experience. He quickly earned himself another dose of Benadryl.

Our plane was delayed out of Pittsburgh, so it was going to be a running match (with a heavy dog carrier, loaded purse, and pregnant) to our next gate.  Fortunately, I noticed the shuttle was leaving momentarily to the opposite side of the airport, we got on by sheer luck and road across the runways. We made our plane in perfect timing, it was amazing! A Buck intervention. It was 11/22/14.  It was clear he was with me on this important day. Shortly after we landed in Green Bay we recognized that although Dale and I caught the flight... my luggage was not as fortunate.

Dale at Buck's cabin, tracking probably nothing... Deer would be helpful, but it's Dale.

Later that afternoon, we got my luggage from GRB and went up north to spend time at Joel's cabin, an annual tradition around this time of year.  It's nice to be close to everything he found so important: family, friends, good meals, and the woods.  Dale enjoyed sleeping off his drugs up there too. Good Dog.  The next day he had some time to romp around in the snow and was feeling a bit more mischievous, aka normal.

A sample of the gems I found from Middle School in my room...

Mom and I came back Sunday to start working on the house.  My goal was to completely gut my whole room so it was easily moved if they wanted to sell the house.  I had so much random stuff in that room, it was definitely a project and a week long task.  Let's just say, Goodwill got a lot more than they bargained for!

That weekend and early during the week we also broke out our cross country skis to enjoy the fresh batch of snow in Seymour.  We set up a loop around the house and made a few rounds.  Dale also was able to join in the fun and ski with us.  It was a blast - beside my minor heart attack when Dale ran across our pond that is covered by a paper thin ice.  Luckily he didn't break through... sheesh. 

Preggers night out. So much CHEESE - Thank you Wisconsin, thank you.

Wednesday before Thanksgiving I met up with Jeanne and Lyssa at Jackson Point for some pizza and entertainment.  It was a blast to connect with those ladies... it was "preggers night out", a massive cheese pizza and O'Douls. Classic.  Perfect few days in Wisconsin with family. 

Dale got to visit Leanna at Starbucks - Puppy Latte!!

 *****

Please take the time to join me at my new blog:
Alyce Jane, Living Simply

No comments:

Post a Comment