Saturday, June 18, 2011

Little Richie Roadtrip!

After our minor morning set back (as a result of too much wedding fun), mom and I slowly packed up my car and got set to head to Pittsburgh!  I was doing a lot of odds and ends that morning and we were simultaneously getting the truck packed and ready to come out later that week.

In addition to me recovering, packing and getting a few things ready to move across the country, Lyssa came over for one last relaxing SunDrop on the back deck.  As soon as the Grand Am drove up, we cracked open a cool Sun Drop and then headed outside for some good laughs.  She also brought over a house warming gift which was a massive Wisconsin Flag!  Ohh don't worry, I won't forget about Wisconsin!

Alyce, The Little Scheister, Lyssa...

I felt like I needed to get Lyssa a parting gift as well, but I wasn't about to give her a set of Sisterhood Pants, so I glanced around my room for the perfect memory.  It was a 8x12 picture of me in first grade, looking like a young scheister with a master plan...  It's all too perfect, considering I have her Ms. Lyssa picture hanging proudly in the living room.

Once mom and I got up the courage, we hit the road.  We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Marsh's before taking off to HWY 43.  Grandma pulled out the atlas and we looked at where exactly I was moving to on the map.  It was so cute of them, and I was happy that I was able to stop in before taking off.

Ready to head out! Packed full!

Mother and I got stuck in some major construction traffic on HWY 43 which added a lot of time to our travel.  After getting to Milwaukee, the traffic wasn't too bad until hitting Chicago.  We were stopped for about 20-30 minutes, which is pretty good.  We were using the Ipass like professionals and making it through the tolls no problem.  We went beyond Chicago a few hours and then decided to call it a night.  We stopped at a hotel and crashed for the evening.  We didn't even upack.  I just grabbed my toothbrush, slept in my clothes and grabbed some continental breakfast in the morning.  It was classic gross alyce.

Can you even see me in the front?!


The next day we were cruising across Ohio and didn't hit much traffic either.  It was a fairly decent drive and we were in Pittsburgh shortly after lunch.  I called Peter and he came over to give me the apartment keys.  Apparently the tenants weren't totally moved out, so we had a lot of cleaning to do before it was livable.  We headed to the Sharp's Edge to grab a brew and celebrate the fact that Little Richie had made it the whole way!



Our first stop was Wal-mart in which the Garmin led us to someones house, then a hill, and then on the third try, we actually made it to Wal-mart!  There was a lot of cleaning ahead, but mom and I powered through.  The first night we had to sleep with the fire escape open because there was something wrong with the door, so Mom and I locked ourselves into the master bedroom.

It was really hot, but we woke up during the middle of the night freezing, because aparently the crew workers had the air conditioner temp set at 65, yeow! 

I had to go to school the next day (June 1st) to get my badge and ID and directions on how not to get kicked out of the MD/PhD program.  Mom was great and did a lot of the cleaning while I was at school.  It was a fairly painless move to Pittsburgh!  We went to Ikea and grabbed a few salads before the boys' arrival!  I couldn't have done all the work without mumsy's help!

Filling up with Little Richie's Mother's Milk!  Black Gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment