Saturday, November 5, 2011

Long time coming...

I feel like I haven't had the time to post in a while....  But it's been more of the same around here.  Paul is working hard, I'm trying to study and have been mostly unsuccessful.  We are moving on to genetics now which has been fun.  We were able to learn and meet individuals with autosomal dominant disorders.  It was wonderful to see individuals motivated for the cause and willing to teach a bunch of first year medical students...

Paul started his surgery rotation (one month only, thank goodness) on the thoracic service.  He is running on fumes already and it's only the first week.  We have a routine down now to maximize Paul's sleep, so it's working out, and we'll make it through.

Other things to note... My stethoscope came!  That first stethoscope is kind of a big deal, so it's been fun to fling it around my neck like I know how to use it, but I really don't...

Beyond that, I've just been trying to study and prepare for how fast November is going to fly by...  In just two weeks I get to fly home and see my family, especially Grandpa Jack who has been in the hospital.  It's been hard being away, and learning about the very pathologies that are going on inside of his body, but the visit home couldn't come at a better time!


Littmann Cardiology III - Alyce's first stethoscope!  Burgundy to represent Bucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment