Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow in Pittsburgh!

It's a snowing in Pittsburgh and it's only October!  I woke up to Paul this morning who yelled in disgust "Ohhhh Noooo!"... I thought he had broke something important, so I ran out to the kitchen to see what was wrong... he just put his head down and said..."ugh, it's snowing."   Paul and I have different opinions on snow, because I happen to enjoy a few flakes here and there!

Snow in the courtyard of Children's Hospital!

It snowed most of the morning until noon!  I am at the Children's hospital today finishing up a few research projects that have been left hanging for a while.  Western blots take so long to process and finish, it's quite impressive the time commitment to one blot.  I have learned to do two at once now though which makes it a bit easier...  Although, I'm not up to Amin's level yet of doing like 5 at once or 20 PCR plates!  I have something to aspire to I guess!

Tonight, I am going home and doing some major laundry, grocery shopping, and catching up on the odds and ends of life.  We finished our Biochemistry course this past Thursday, so we've had a little bit of a break before genetics hits us in full force.  One more syllabus to get through before I get to go home for Thanksgiving!

The AMAZING view from Joel's front deck... No snow in Wisconsin yet!




More news, Paul finished his USMLE Boards Step 3 yesterday!  We celebrated in style by taking an adventure to Bed Bath & Beyond, and I ran next door to PetCo to buy a fish!  I bought a Beta fish this time, finally one that will survive in the small bowl I have... whoops!  Sorry Blinkin and Dale, rest in peace.  Anyway, I bought a red one, and named it Becca the Beta.... perfect isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment