Thursday, February 16, 2012

A brief overview of the last month...

Well, the last time I posted was a little less than a month ago, and things have been relatively uneventful since.  Paul and I have been relaxing and enjoying the first month or so of our engagement, and I have been doing too much wedding planning for my own good. 

Paul bough us some new dishes (olive and brown - may favorite) so I made dinner...


In terms of school, I made it through immunology uneventfully, which I was hoping for!  Now we are in microbiology and the intensity is bound to increase.  I am behind as always, because I like doing other things besides school in that first week or so of class, but I banking on catching up at some point, haha!

One event that I forgot to mention was the Mr. Pitt Med competition!  Each year the school does a male pageant including swimwear, talent, Q&A and plus a little bit of dancing.  The event raises money for a charity, which makes it even more exciting.  But the best part of all, is that our very own Eric Zimmerman (MS1) was crowned Mr. Pitt Med!  Wild huh?!  We made sure to celebrate his win that evening...

For Valentine's Day, we decided to relax on Tuesday, and go our for dinner Wednesday.  We had a groupon that we needed to cash in, which pointed us to dining at Harris Grill.  Paul picked me up from school after he was done with work, and we went straight to the restaurant.  The menu looked great - but Paul's choice wasn't so hot.  His salad turned out to be more dressing than vegetables.  But all it all, it was a fun restaurant and we topped off the evening with a few craft beers at Sharp's Edge!

Our view and dinner from Harris Grill!
That brings us to today, Paul's day off work - which I also conveniently am able to skip class for.  This morning we got up and had a home cooked breakfast, cleaned the house, and made a donation to Goodwill.  Tonight we're having a fresh salad with Paul's favorite lasagna so he'll be stock piled with left overs for this weekend, because I'll be in CHICAGO!  Girls weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment