Sunday, May 20, 2012

Last day of MS1 Celebration!

To set the stage for this blog post - I thought it was only fitting to feature one of my main men... Brad Paisley.   I just can't get enough country music lately and this song sums up my expectations for this summer...  sun, camping, fishing, spending time talking about nothing with friends and family...



Katie, so pretty!
Now that you have a little background music, basically, the title of this blog post says it all - we sure had a celebration!  Our final exam in Psych was on Friday morning and shortly afterwards we gathered at my place for lunch, laughs, a few beverages and great times!  I whipped up some homemade macaroni and cheese while Zim was working his magic in the kitchen with some homemade ricotta cheese.  The two Wisconsinites make cheese dishes - weird?




It was so fun and relaxing to be able to get together without the stress of the next class or exam that was coming our way.  Not to mention, it was an absolutely beautiful day outside which encouraged us quickly to move the feast out to my front yard on our little cement porch.  We brought down speakers, a blanket, and freshly chopped watermelon!

Awkward family photo.

We fired up the country music and game of corn hole, apparently that's what they call it in these parts... I think we just call it bags back home, but either way, it was a blast.  Eric and Taylor were taking names most of the afternoon and barely left their spot as reigning champions.  I have terrible aim, so I played one or two games and apologized to my teammate...

Steph, Nancy and Annie!

We had an impromptu dance party, a photo shoot and a wonderful time.  The outdoor gathering was complete only after Sean made a run to buy the boys cigars.  Apparently that's the new thing?

Classic turd in the drink trick...
Gotta bust out the orange spandex on such and occasion...

This should freak you out... Sorry Anna!
Anna saved the day by bringing left overs from her work lunch - we all feasted for dinner!  Then Paul came home after work and we greeted him like he was a celebrity!  Everyone was shouting his name and shaking his hand, haha!  I'm sure he expected that we would be having a good time, but he was definitely surprised by how excited we were to see him park that Hyundai!   Paul helped me clean up and get organized because we were planning to shift locations from my front yard to Anna and Josiah's porch.  Their porch is amazing! Perfect for summer evenings.  That would allow Paul to get some sleep at least, since he had to get up bright and early for work the next morning.

Duerr on the banjo... like cat claws on a chalkboard...
Josiah brought out the Banjo at his place and Duerr and I talked about Minnesota, hunting, fishing and basically any other small town thing you can imagine.  I believe we even talked about Lake Eva's own "redneck yacht club".  Anna, Duerr and I finished strong and headed out to see what the rest of the city was up to on the fine Friday.  A long day to say the least!


Sean strumming a few tunes...

It was a great start to the fun summer ahead - there were so many summer plans tossed around that I don't even know where to begin to schedule the greatness.  Lyssa and I talked and brainstormed on how we can make this summer memorable!  Should be a good one - SUMMER 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment