Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Erin's Birthday & Pirate's Game!

The Birthday Girl and Puru!
Taylor and Katie!

Now that summer has begun (not officially, but close enough)... it's time to start the many get togethers with friends!  The first weekend consisted of a cozy Saturday night dinner at Pusadee's Garden for Erin's Birthday!  I never had the pleasure to go out for thai food, so it was a wee bit difficult to decide what to order off the menu.  I went with squash curry, because you can't go wrong when you order anything that resembles pumpkins right?

Nutella Football Cake!

The food was great and the company was even better!  We were out in the garden/deck for dinner and the atmosphere was excellent - very relaxing place to enjoy a glass of wine and some dinner.  The evening was polished off with a homemade football cake (because Erin loves football, unfortunately the wrong team (kaaaum, Steelers...ugh), but football nonetheless.  It was a great night!

Found this little/big gem on a building in Lawrenceville... 'MERICA!

The following Wednesday I got a random call from my dear friend Zims.  It was slightly frantic, yet relaxed asking if I would join him for the Pirates baseball game that was about to start in an hour.  Carey got caught at lab (the joys of research) and wasn't going to be able to make it.  I thought, "this is what summer is all about right??"  So I said yes, drove frantically across town to change into some baseball clothes, pick up Zims, print out the tickets, grab a bus downtown and make it for the first pitch of the night... Easy right?!?!  I cannot believe we made it!!  It was perfect timing and the seats were awesome!

Zims in the awesome seats - score!
Up close and personal to a massive bird? Much more a fan of the Polish Sausage!

Zims and I settled in for the game, grabbed a beverage and some ball park food to root on the Pirates!  I was bloated after stuffing myself with chicken tenders and fries!   But it was a blast, and I am so glad that I made the snap decision to head to the ball park with another fellow Wisconsinite.  The game made me pretty excited about Miller Park and the Brewers.  I can't wait to get back to enjoy a game or two!  GO CREW! 

One thing is for sure though, is that I'm definitely going to catch the Crew when they visit the Burgh!


Beautiful view from PNC park... you really can't beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment