Thursday, June 21, 2012

Driving hom from Eva in the Dodge!

Nice smally Lyssa - I again came up a little short...
Our final day at Lake Eva consisted of an awesome breakfast and then wishing Kate a safe ride ALL the way back to Chicago - a hefty trek to say the least.  Chris and Kate took off early in the morning and Matt's truck loaded up with four wheelers had to leave shortly after.   Lyssa and I helped with laundry and then took to the lake for some last minute fishing.  Curty was our captain and we were reeling the hogs in like crazy!  We caught a few small mouth bass and had to net them because they were so huge... (fish stories, I know - but this is serious, hah)!

Captain Curty with my big catch!

Lyssa for a portrait by the falls...
After a morning in Lake Eva we jumped in Curty's truck in the afternoon to make our way south towards Buck's Camp Fence.  I requested that we stop and walk back to the waterfall on the way - which Joel told me and Paul to go to sometime on our way up.  He knew better to let me navigate things like this, so Paul and I never made it.  We pulled over the truck and grabbed the camera for the short hike back into the woods to see the natural waterfall.   The spot is easy to miss because the turn off looks like a waste station - but if you follow the trail - the views are spectacular.

Roaring falls - a secret gem in Michigan!

Lyssa and I hiking beyond the rail to get closer to the waterfall!

Beautiful views of the river on our walk back...

Another view of the area...
We walked back and didn't think twice about the creek and water, a heaven for breeding mosquitoes, and got bit up like crazy.  The mosquitoes were quite tame up north, but back in the falls they were vicious!  We all looked like we had just contracted the chickenpox...

We itched the rest of the way to Joel's cabin, while I was looking online for wedding dresses and consulting Lyssa and Mum's opinion.  We talked about the bachelorette party, which I am looking forward to after hearing the many wild, country lovin' ideas we were throwing out on the table.


We made to Buck's, dropped off the wheeler and we showed Lyssa around a little bit to show her the progress of the place.  It was only after we were about an hour down the road getting subs at the shell station did I realize that I left my camera on Joel's "Buck Shot" fridge.  DAHHHH... of course!  Curty graciously turned the truck around and we went back up to grab it adding a few more hours of family bonding time in the Dodge!  Thanks for understanding everyone!

Me, Lyssa, Mom and Dad at the falls - learning how to do self timer on a tree!
The small creek and breeding ground for mosquitoes!
We had an excellent time up north, and details on the following week in Seymour are still to come!  There are so many things to catch up on, ohh, how I love the summer months!

Thank you all for reading and joining my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment