Sunday, June 24, 2012

Short week in Seymour...



My week in Seymour was full of fun and festive activities!  The first day back Lyssa had off work so mother and I booked some bridal dress appointments and did some quick wedding dress shopping.  We found some great gowns and gasped at a few price tags, you know, the ush of wedding dress shopping - or wedding shopping of any kind.

Bill, Dad, and Uncle Bob!  Or a Winsand - Marsh - Winsand sandwich!

My delectable and fresh stir fry - Thanks Uncle Bob!
After completely exhausted from trying on white dresses, Lyssa and I relaxed at her place to finish off the afternoon watching the Bachelorette that we missed while riding in the Dodge.  It's a guilty pleasure and has continued to be our long distance date!  I ran quickly home to meet up with my parents so we could head over to the Winsand house to get some Vegan Bob grub!

Mum and I with our personalized dishes...
Uncle Tuffy!
 
Big City BOB and Dad scraping the cast iron skillet!
Vegan Bob was up for the week gardening and tending to the massive amount of vegetables and growing fruits that they planted in the garden.  You know when to take a garden seriously when it comes with a 12 page visual spreadsheet where all the different species are planted - it's quite a project!  Bob was whipping up fresh stir fry, in choose your own fresh vegetables and spice factor fashion!  I took to the vegetables, loaded up on shiitake mushrooms and in a few short minutes was handed a stir fry fit for a queen!  I couldn't stop eating the delicious food and before I knew it... it was gone.  I had out eaten the men!  Yikes!  Well worth the uncomfortably full feeling!  Thanks Uncle Bob!!

The next night we arranged a little get together at Isaar Inn to celebrate Ashley's win of a wings party at Buck's Scholarship Benefit!  The wings were plentiful and it was so great to see everyone!  To see more you can click here to go to my Brother's Blog!

At Isaar Inn for the Wing Party!  Lexie, Alyssa, Me, Katie!
That night Lyssa and I invited ourselves over to see Jed and Lexie's new house for dinner - haha, funny that it worked so well because it was Jed's day off!  In just a few hours we had a make shift party planned!  Katie and I also decided that we should grab lunch the next day.  It was so fun to catch up with her over lunch!  Something we'll definitely have to repeat the next time I am back in area!

After lunch,  I was so excited to see Jed and Lexie's place, and after inviting myself, I wasn't about to go over empty handed!  So, I made a pit stop at Woodmans on the way home and got to cooking right away!  With Alyssa's help, we had cake, brownies, fruit salad and a house warming gift in just a matter of minutes!


Turns out that Jed's place is really close to Paul's parent's house, so Alyssa and I stopped by to say hello and see everyone!  I finally was able to get back and visit with John, which I had been hoping to do for months.  It was a short, but wonderful visit.
The fine hosts - Jed and Lexie.

By the time we got to Lexie's, the meat was all sliced and the kabobs were itching to get on the grill.  Haus showed up shortly after and grill master Jed (aka DJ Skip) had them cooked to perfection in no time!  It was so fun to visit over dinner as my time in Seymour was coming to an end...
The boys manning the grill - a summer past time!
Yeah, that's looking pretty delicious!
Friday I was on a plane early in the morning and back to Pittsburgh in the afternoon for class - I was praying that my flights wouldn't be delayed, but I knew good things were going to happen when I was riding with the Packer's President: Mark Murphy!  WILD!  We even exchanged cuckles in the airport - a Packer fan's dream... now only if I can fly home next time with Aaron Rodgers!

Lexie, Alyssa and I on my last evening in Seymour for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment