Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Flap's Family Wedding!

Haus, Mum, Curty, Me & Paul
One short week after a wonderful wedding in Minnesota, Paul and I hoped into the car and made our way west to the other mitten of lower Michigan.  I hear it's the land of the trolls because it's "below the bridge?"... hmmm, must have got that advice from my favorite UP'er!  Gotta love da UP!

The Groomsmen & Groom (Paul, Matt, Mark, Chris)
 
Exchanging vows and rings at the ceremony

Paul and I at the Environmental Center - beautiful view!
After work, Paul and I drove the short 5 hour trip to Metford, MI and pulled into the rehearsal dinner only a pinch late!  I bet we would have been on time had it not been for my interesting last few miles of driving trying to find the place.  We were so grateful to be able to join the dinner, and Haus of course greeted us in his work boots! We shared recent adventures with the rest of the crew and I had the chance to catch up with Flap's and Bailey - who I hadn't had the opportunity to see in quite a long time! 

Kate & I catching up since our run in Houghton!

You know how much I adore lasting love!
After dinner, Paul and I met up with my parents at the hotel to help them unload the loot of Wisconsin cheese and goodies they were able to bring for us.  They supplied us with ample cheese and sausage that we're still eating off of!  It sure cured those longings for Wisconsin crafted goodies.  We were exhausted from the day and capped the night off with a swim.  Paul hasn't had the opportunity to join us on many of our Marsh adventures over the past year due to the demands of his intern year, but it sure was refreshing to be able to all spend some time together.

Curt, Deb, Matt, Cara & I (I think someone tall took this photo)
The following morning we took a swim and cruised around the neighborhood looking for Starbucks, good deals, and of course a little lunch.  It was a relaxing day followed by a mad dash to get ready for the wedding!  We made it for the ceremony and I had the opportunity to try out my brand new Canon lenses!  I was able to zoom in on some of the details of the ceremony with my telephoto - it was great!  The afternoon was warm, but there was a cool breeze that swept through as the service began which I thank Buck for.  There was a touching tribute in the program, more of which you can see on Buck's Blog.

Mom & Dad still dancing up a storm!
Poppa's still got the fastest feet in town!
The celebration continued at the Environmental Discovery Center at Indian Springs Metropark.  The reception room was full of windows and a deck overlooking the water.  It was an absolutely stunning reception and I couldn't stop taking pictures of all of the wonderful details that Cara and Matt put together.  The dinner was delicious and after the toasts, Mark stood up to call our attention to Joel who couldn't be with us as a Groomsman that day.  The boys opened up their new flasks and toasted a "ziggy zaggy, ziggy, zaggy - ow ow oay!"... there wasn't a dry eye in the house, but I guess I couldn't really tell you because I was so touched by the moment that it was hard for me to see through my own glassy eyes.  Haus and Paul came over so my parents and I could join the tribute toast with a warm (ahh, very warm) dose of Shnuffka.  Thank you boys so much for the thoughtful toast - it meant so much to us, and I know it couldn't have been easy.

Showing off a few moves and getting our feet dirty!

Finally getting Paul out onto the dance floor!
We finished the night with so much dancing that my thighs were burning the next morning and my hair was out of control.  Haus challenged me to see who could get lower on the dance floor while still on our feet.  He also had the hilarious task of putting a garter on Kate and ... then having to take it off again.  None of us expected it, but the show was sure hilarious!



This got a few howls from the crowd... and of course Kate's mom!!!
We had a wonderful time in Metford and were honored to celebrate with the Zittermans.  We wish you many blessings in your marriage and the exciting years to come!  Thank you for the beautiful memories!

The Bride & Groom - Matt & Cara Zitterman - Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment