Thursday, July 5, 2012

ArchMiller Wedding in Minnesota!

"Love Is In The Air" - June 23, 2012
It was a bit of a snap decision to head back for the Archer wedding - and boy am I glad that I did!  We had an absolutely wonderful time in northern Minnesota celebrating Althea's marriage!  I had been looking at flights for a while to try to get back home without burning any of my summer vacation, but flying into Duluth was kind of pricey... Then something clicked and I pulled a Haus/Winsand - use my Gold Member miles!  I found the perfect flight in and out of Duluth where mom and pops could pick me up on their way to the wedding!

Beautiful remembrance of Jerry & Joel.  Salt and Pepper symbolize the proposal story!
Curty, Huey & Nathan talking something manly?
While in the Pittsburgh airport, I was frantically making calls and trying to charge all of my electronics so I could score us a hotel in the Duluth area.  Everything was fairly full - because of the recent flooding in Duluth the hotels were full of crews that were coming in to makeover and restore the city!  I found a hot deal on my phone and made a phone call - I didn't even have to convince them and they gave me a half price discount - perfect!


After arriving in Detroit - the flights and airport was in complete chaos!  Apparently one of the traffic control towers on the east coast had a fire so the domino effect took control over the airways - delays, delays, delays!!  Luckily we were only delayed and not canceled!  I met a lot of neat individuals waiting for the plane though - gotta love the crew heading to Duluth!

Wedding Worker Bees! Diane and Joann!
Father and Bobbie Dale

Early Saturday morning we made the rest of the trip up to the wedding location.  It was a morning ceremony, and we made it just in time.  It was so wonderful to see the Archers and to be greeted by their smiling faces.  With school and all of life's crazy, it was much too long since we last saw one another!  Ohh how I miss that family!  The ceremony was adorable and full of happy tears - and whatta' know, the first song that comes out of the Ipod was "Red Solo Cup"!  Mom and I looked at each other with wide eyes knowing what Buck was up to.

Morgan, Annalee, and I out on the "pontoon that could"... chug, chug...

Curty by the refreshment boat with the beautiful bride!
We spent the rest of the afternoon taking in the scenery, watching the fishing tournament, and spending time in the company of great friends.  There was a lot  to catch up on and I was so excited to finally have that opportunity with the Archers.  I even had the chance to meet all the new little young family members of the next generation!  The family has grown in so many ways!

Annie and Althea


The day was finished to the tune of an excellent local band and a table full of pies!  I ate so much pie I could barely move, but that was no match for what Nathan was able to eat!  We were able to eat pie to the sound of the bridal party singing "And I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston - hitting the high notes and jamming on the saxophone!

Yeah, I'll have too much pie - it's my birthday right?  Go Nathan! Tin & all!
Serenading the bride and groom...

Dino's clean up crew!

I also forgot that the wedding day was my Birthday!  It the perfect place to celebrate amongst friends - and when the secret got out that I was turning a year older... the wedding sang to me!  Cripes!  I was a wee bit embarrassed, but it was so nice of everyone to send their well wishes!

We took off the next morning and said our goodbyes while making plans for the next time to cross paths.  I flew out of Duluth in the afternoon after some craft store and wedding dress shopping with mom and dad.

It was a wonderful, fast weekend and I am so pleased that I was able to attend the wedding!  Congratulations Althea and Matt ArchMiller!

Until next time Minnesota - stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment