Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pittsburgh Friday Fiesta!

Tay tay, Bhav, and Duerr!  Welcome... Welcome.

Oh Peru, or is it Puru?
Paul was out of town upon my return from my fun week in Seymour, which means only one thing.... I had free reign to open up the kitchen, entertain with treats, and host a fiesta!  It was a Friday and perfect timing for friends to stop by for some drinks, snacks, and of course a bunch of deep bellowing laughs - the heart of any gathering at my residence.


The honkey tonk hunch...  Yeah, pretty pale, I know.
Waaaaay too excited.  Thanks Josiah for all the candid photos!

I was cooking up random things from my freezer ranging from sweet potato tater tots to couscous!  It was a nice little gathering and tribute to the summer.  We caught up with each other about all of our crazy research projects, deadlines, golf games, planned vacations, and the like!  I of course made sure that the mood was set with some country tunes...

Mmmmm cake.  Funfetti, my favorite.

Finally, towards the end of the night, I cut the Funfetti cake and we indulged.  Many laughs and many memories from that night to say the least!  Every time I have a little get together, I always wish I had a bigger kitchen to prepare large med school feasts - perhaps a front yard or a porch would also be helpful...  But, hey, beggars can't be choosers I guess!

I was getting way too much of a kick out of being as tall as Duerr...  Didn't look as I anticipated.

Until next time...  Enjoy the scorching summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment