Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Weekend of Weddings: Nagel & Rickert

Besties.
This summer was packed with weddings, and I was really looking forward to Justin and Hilary's wedding in Lake Geneva!  Luckily I was able to get back for the festivities in September, and it was perfect timing because Matt and Leanna had their wedding celebration on that Friday evening!  Talk about making the best of my flights back to Wisconsin!  Paul couldn't take off work, but on Friday night I had to keep up with Westerhoff and of course my date Lyssa came with the Marsh family to celebrate!

This is more normal, although Lyssa had to be persuaded.
I flew in early Friday morning and immediately went to Jessica Ulmer to get a much needed haircut so she could actually style my dead ends for the wedding.  She does such an excellent job - I was so happy with my hair-do, and luckily I had the chance to show off my new locks at two weddings - WORTH IT. 

Boettchers were there to join us all!
Katie and Dan Morris, waiting for the babe!
Mom and I were running wedding errands like mad!  I had the morning schedule jam packed with flower appointments, meeting Kathy to exchange all of the milk glass pieces and programs.  It was so productive! Luckily we were rewarded with a relaxing night at the hotel connected to Matt Nagel's wedding venue!  We arrived and quickly realized that we needed a Bota Box - one of my favorite boxed wines, so we decided to stock up for the weekend full of weddings which resulted in my purple teeth.

First vacation with the little one, lovebirds with a new family member!
Dinner was excellent and the dancing was a blast, especially the last few songs which were "Ding-a-ling-a-ling" and Clarance Carter's classic: Strokin'. Haha it managed to get a few people on the dance floor, including myself and Haus! (Well of course it got Haus on the dance floor, they're the ones who love the song so much, those crazies.)  Haus and I had the chance to catch up and refill from the Bota Tap, which was nice and warm and just hilarious really.  I ate a lot of Pop Chips in my room.

Same is always down for a dance marathon... warmin' up the floor!

The next morning we went straight to pick up Lyssa and head south to Hilary and Rickert's wedding.  With just a few minutes to spare we changed at the hotel and made it to the ceremony.  I was running behind by a fair margin (per ush) and only had time to curl the front/face pieces of hair, and the back of my head looked like a wild woman/lion.  Hey, pictures were a priority.  I also was wearing a dress that resembled PJs and some massively high nude heels... it was pretty spectacular, and I made sure to change into a decent dress for the reception. HAhah!  Pretty standard exchange with Lyssa after that appearance, so I could get help for my wardrobe. Some things never change.
Jay stomped it so hard on the floor, he lost his sole...
The ceremony was beautiful and we retreated to our hotels to try to get ready while the wedding party was taking photos.  Our hotel was right on the lake, and luckily we had a waterfront view and balcony.  We enjoyed a glass of Bota Box and tried to catch some sunshine before walking to the reception down the road.  The reception was so beautiful, I left because I thought it was some millionaires wedding!  Turns out it was the right place - haha!  We made our way to the back balcony and enjoyed happy hour, only to see Jay Kelly on some random guy's boat!  HAha, he was all fancied up in a tux while the beach crew in the speed boat was whipping cheerios in the water.  It was probably the funniest thing I saw all night - gosh that kid cracks me up! So random!
Jay's soul... on the dance floor.
Dinner was delish and then the dance floor called our names.  Lyssa and I were fighting off heart attacks from the extremely fast movements and dancing we were trying to pull off.  I remember thinking I was going to need a rescue inhaler.  Sam's moves only added to the fire!  I kept bugging Carl VanGompel to dance with me, but he claimed he hasn't heard any of the songs they played all night, lol.  Curty and I took our turn spinning in circles on the dance floor trying to get our rhythm for the father daughter dance at my wedding - it was good practice!  The night ended with some unexpected flattery from Brian Krabbe who jokingly invited us to his wedding to serve as dance floor inspiration, ahhah!  I just kept promising him that I didn't even need a plate of food, as long as there was a DJ, I was in!  So funny.

It was an amazing weekend back, and I was returning in just a few short weeks for my own wedding preparations and celebration!  Booyah!

In good dancing company!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment