Thursday, January 27, 2011

Falling a little behind....

A lot has happened in the past few days, which is making it difficult to keep up on my blogging!  Let’s see, after my interview I flew into Milwaukee and came back to Madison.  My babysitting was canceled, so I was able to go out with Lyssa for her last night in town.  Paul joined us down at power hour, the line was freezing and slow moving.  It was a slow start, but it ended in Lyssa and I starting the “Go PACK GO!” cheer at the Red Shed.  Sunday we decided to host a packer game party for the NFC division finals game between the Pack and the Bears!  It still hasn’t sunk in that the Packers are as competitive as they are this year! 
Lyssa, Sarah, Lindsi, Nick (aka Richard), Jera, and Paul all joined me in watching the game.



We had a nice spread of cake, chips, bread, and hummus!  It came together pretty good for being a last minute party.  And after and emotional roller coaster of the game, the Pack came out on top!  Super Bowl Bound!!! It really is hard to believe that we are actually going to the Super Bowl and facing off against the Steelers!  Hah, even more classic because I want to head to Pittsburgh next year.  I am actually going on my second look visit during Super Bowl weekend, so I’m going to miss a lot of the celebration in Wisconsin!

Sarah doing the trophy stance... Football buff!

Nice shirt Lindsi... oh Favre...

Monday I spent most of the day trying to look up information about our Europe trip.  I can now say from experience that I dislike internet research very much.  It’s hard to know what sites are trusted information, and what stuff is a bunch of bull.  I originally thought we were going to do the Italy Marathon, but we just switched to the Vienna, Austria marathon.  I decided I will be doing a half marathon so I can be confident that I’ll be able to finish and also so I can be at the finish line and watch Paul finish his race.  He is going to be great, although he was running this week and pulled a leg muscle, so hopefully resting that won’t put him too far behind in his training schedule.  I’m pretty much on target.  It will be a challenge to get over the 5-6 mile hurdle, but once I do, I feel like the rest will go a lot smoother.  It’s just that I haven’t done anything over 6 miles before, so we’ll see.

 
Tuesday I babysat in the morning and I had all three kids for most of the day.  After that I tutoring Micro in the Pharm building. Paul came over to my place after work and he got to see my room, we walked home from Ebling library together.  Finally his girlfriend has a bedroom … I haven’t had one since we started dating.  We talked about Europe then I went to babysit.  I tried to get in a quick run by running over to Paul’s apartment while he drove over with my car.  I enjoy babysitting for the Krammer’s and the Carlson’s, they have great kids and it was a good time hanging out with the kids on a school night while their parents went out for restaurant week.

Wednesday consisted of an early morning Adolescent Transition Clinic meeting.  This is when I found out we lost our IT guy.  He was taking care of most of the blogs and all the techy stuff.  The stuff that we didn’t have much of a clue about.  Luckily since I’m a “blogger” now, I am able to take over updating and posting new blogs.  However, I don’t know how to get kids access to the blogs which will be a major challenge in going forward.  Not only are we having a time getting kids recruited, but those that are ready to use the blogs can’t because they don’t have a username and password.  I was really frustrated after the meeting.  I went for a 2 mile run and came home to vent to Paul.  It’s difficult working in the group because I was trained in such a proficient group in clinical trials.  The Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center is amazing, and their trials are run flawlessly.  They are great at recruitment, making sure the data is collected in the most scientific manner, and people are definitely dedicated to the cause.  It’s hard working in the clinic where this project isn’t anyone’s priority.  I’ve been trying to say that the project needs a study coordinator, but it’s not working.  The only person that was getting paid for their work was also working full time at UW, leaving few hours in the day to dedicate to this time consuming project.  Additionally, that person just moved home to pursue a private company.  I understand the reasons for moving, and I felt that this was indeed coming, but it’s so frustrating because of all the work and effort I have already invested in this project.  I feel that once I leave for medical school, it will not go any further and the grant funding will have been wasted.  It’s not fair that we keep making up excuses during our monthly reports.  People need to be held accountable.  Anyway, I’m done ranting.  The real people who should have this project are the teen patients.  I hope that they have the opportunity to experience it up and running some day.  I can’t do it all, it doesn’t pay the bills.  Perhaps I can get involved in a similar project out in Pittsburgh.

Wednesday night Paul and I made dinner and the whole gang was at Paul’s apartment, Teen, Tone, Foley, and Ash.  The others went out for Trivia while Paul and I stayed back because he had to study for Step 2 Clinical Skills and I had to work on some Transition Clinic projects (drugs webinar & dietary questionnaire).  There was unspoken tension in the air so we were able to talk to a few things.  It made me remember what I had gone through with past relationships.  The last thing I want to do is to put Paul through the same embarrassment and annoying situations.  It’s like I had completely traded places, and it made me sick to my stomach to hear how he was feeling because it hit home.  That’s all it took was a little chat between us and we’re again on the same page.  I will try to tone down some of my antics and Paul is going to spearhead the Europe research and trip planning.  What a relief….

Today is Thursday which means I get to hang out with my buddy Drew all day from the early morning hours until about 5:30PM.  He’s currently sleeping like a prince!  Tonight Paul and I might go for a quick run and go downtown for a little bit for Thursday night specials at Fresco’s and perhaps for Teen and Tone’s going away party at TC Cats.  We just found out that Teen and Tone will be moving out of Paul’s apartment and out of Madison.  They are traveling for a few weeks and then heading back to live with Tone’s family and extended family in Chippewa Falls, WI.  I really enjoy them both so much.  They are a ton of fun and always good for a carefree laugh and good time.  They balance each other really well and I hope it works out for them.  Perhaps we’ll hear some wedding bells??  Party in Chippewa!   

Alright, last thing.  I really want to plan a trip to DC and NY with Lyssa before we end up starting our separate lives … I am thinking late February.  I will blog as things unfold for our traveling adventure!  Tonight I look up hotels and flights to see how much it will cost... then we deliberate.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment