Monday, January 31, 2011

The house is ready...

A lot of stress has been lifted... my parents came down this past weekend and helped me flip Kendall Ave into a home that is ready to be put on the market for a sale!  I cannot wait to have this sold so I can head home for a little while.  It would be great to have the opportunity to move home for a least a month before moving to school.  For some reason, I highly doubt that will be the case.  The next few months are going to move by so quickly...

I've been working on the website for Kendall ave, and it's coming together nicely.  I enjoy marketing, so at least it's not a drag to be listing the property in a bunch of different places.  I'm going to post it on the medical school website and also www.fsbomadison.com which is where a lot of the local properties are listed.  My parents did an excellent job pulling the house together.  We painted the living room from green to a tan color which made it a lot brighter and cheery, the green just felt old and dingy.  We also cleaned the bathrooms, the floors, the basement, and picked up miscellaneous stuff.  There were a lot of projects going on at once, but somehow it all pulled together.  The last thing I have to do is get some pictures/mirrors on the wall.  Erik Windpants might come over sometime soon to help me put those up, I don't trust myself with nails and a newly painted wall.

I really hope we can move the property.  I would love to keep it if I were here an additional year.  All the roommates will be here, so it would have been ideal to ride another great year out in Kendall Ave.  Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end... but other great things will begin.  I am started to look for apartments and summer sublets out in Pittsburgh to try to find a place to lay my head during the summer rotation.  I start June 1st, and I don't necessarily want to sign a year long lease (because I never know what's going to happen with Paul and I and our living situation) so I would prefer to have plans that are a little more flexible... a summer sublet would be great.

Lastly, today was horrible as far as my healthy eating goes.  I started by waking up to some cookies and candy corn... typing it makes me realize how sick that is.  I started my first day of P90X, as planned, but I had a horrible day for consuming.  Mom and I decided that we are going to go back on to the www.livestrong.com My Plate application and start keeping track of our diet and exercise.  Hopefully it will help me be more balanced instead of all the crash and burns I've been going through lately.

Well, we are expected a large snow storm tomorrow so I should get to bed.  Paul headed down to Chicago a day early in order to beat the storm before his USMLE CS exam.  I'm glad he went early, now I can sleep easy...  Good night, and hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow, there's much more to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment