Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday of a short week...


Last night was the roomie dinner and it turned out great!  We had couscous, toasted cheese bread, fruity green salad, and a broccoli penne!   I send leftovers home with Paul and I saved the broccoli penne for myself for lunch!  Jeanne and Paul were able to make it through the terrible driving conditions and stop by for some dinner!  I have some pictures to showcase how full we were!  I am really enjoying finding new recipes and trying them out.  I think I need to modify the fruit salad dressing a little bit… I would like to cut back on the oil and add more vinegar to make it a smiggen less heavy.  I am not a big fan of oil, so perhaps that will help.  Otherwise, the salad’s basic ingredients were amazing!

Paul and Becs making their spots on the couch!

After the meal was devoured!

Lyssa is stuffed to the rafters...


This morning got up early to do a little yoga, showered, and now I am hanging out with my little buddy while I babysit.  He is such a good baby and so easy to hang with.  I have been fortunate to locate some great babysitting jobs during my time before medical school.  It has made the days fly by even faster, gives me a little spending money, and has made me really comfortable in dealing with kiddos.  The more I babysit, the more I am thinking about going into pediatrics.  It is going to be quite some time before I have to decide because I do not match into residency for another 7-8 years!  Paul starts neuro today which will hopefully be a rotation where he can take some time for himself and refresh.  The rank list feature opened up, and I think he already put in a preliminary list.  That is so exciting!  He received a few responses via email from his last interview.  I hope that ultimately he will end up where he wants to go.  I am sure it will all work out the way it is meant to!  The weeks are going to fly past now… my fingers are crossed!

This afternoon I need to focus in on getting some of Kendall’s rooms painted.  I have to do some sanding in the bathrooms which is my top priority.  I think I am going to put another coat of plaster on the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom.  We’ll see how ambitious I get I guess!  It’s been odd cleaning out all of my old stuff and sorting through what’s necessary in this next phase of my life.  It is terrifying and exciting all at the same time.  Once Lyssa moves out, it’s going to become real.  But, fear not, we pledged that from this year forward, we will attend at least one Green Bay Packers game per year, AND if the Packers ever play the Steelers in the next 8 years, that I will find us two tickets and we will go to the game.  We might have to dress in disguise so we don’t get murdered at the Steelers stadium, but it will be worth it!

There's so much to do today... I should probably start cracking.  I'm going to start with the powerpoint and end with a work shift tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment