Friday, February 18, 2011

Going up to the U.P. ey.....

It's been a while since I last had time to write in here, which I'm not sure why.  A lot has happened this past week starting with Monday which was Valentine's Day!  Paul and I had decided a while ago that we are cutting down gift exchanging to Birthdays and Christmas, haha because we're so cheap.  For Valentine's Day and our Anniversary we are going to do something together instead like grabbing a bite to eat.  This year I had Monday off, so I wanted to make a really special meal that I knew Paul would like.  We had marinated Salmon, Bruchetta, fruit and green salad, asparagus, and homemade mashed potatoes.  It was really good, except the potatoes were nasty haha!  Paul whipped those potatoes to a pulp... crazy kid.  We had dinner and then sat on the ground so full that we couldn't move.  I got him a card and he bought be a rose which is beautiful.  I will be drying it and putting it in my "Paul Box" for sure.



Paul enjoying his Valentine's Day Dinner!  It's going to be hard to top this dinner!

The whole dinner with the cook! Booyah!


Tuesday consisted of my babysitting in the morning, doing a little shopping at Macy's to try to burn a gift card, then meeting Lyssa at the house.  She was down here protesting Governor Walker's bill to screw state workers.  It's really getting heated down at the capitol right now.  Most of the Madison schools have canceled class so that the teachers can protest, the democratic senators have left the state so they don't have to vote on the bill.  It's absolutely insane, we are getting A LOT of media coverage both sate and national news.  NYC citizens are also protesting in NYC to support us.  It's absolutely wild, and I hope that the state can the unions and come to an agreement.  It seems like the bill is completely unnecessary to me, as a state we are doing pretty good financially. We'll see how it unfolds in the next few days.  Anywho, Lyssa came down and we went out to Wandos to use up some coupons that Paul had for $20 worth of drinks.  Wando's was pretty gangster in the beginning, but it turned out to be a pretty good dance party by the end of the night.  A lot of the usual creepers and what not.  Lyssa and I got a cab back to Kendall Ave and indulged in toppers sticks.  Eewwww, that was a mistake.  We didn't drink much, but the ball of greese was more than enough to make us want to toss our cookies the next morning.

My car was parked snug against the tan car in front of it... Turns out ice is not Little Richie's friend...


Wednesday, I went to find my car, and it was sitting in the middle of the road... hahaha!  WHAT?  Turns out you can't park your car on the hill in the winter because over the night hours, it will slide down and out into the middle of the road.  Thank god it didn't hit another car behind me.  I even had the parking break on, which I never do.  I was afraid it was going to be towed, but something else was in store...classic.  The rest of the day I helped with therapy, then I had to give a speech at the Undergraduate Biochemistry Student Organization about taking a year off.  I was brutally honest with them about what had happened and how my life plans had changed.  I hope they took away a good message and don't get down on themselves if they don't make it to medical school the first time.  It really has been a blessing in disguise.

Yesterday I took a morning nursing shift then babysat in the afternoon for Drewski.  God I love that kid.  Then Sarah and I went to meet an older women we will be spending time with in the evening.   We basically are making her dinner and helping her with household chores.  She's very independent and doesn't need help transferring or anything, so we're there to provide companionship.  She is not so hot on the idea of having us there yet, but I think she'll warm up to our company after a few nights.

Today I am going to be running a few errands, doing some shopping, exercising, and picking up my man at school!  We are taking off to the north woods to go snowmobiling at Lake Eva!  I'm very excited.  Poor Paul is going to be exhausted, so I'm going to try to find a way where he can comfortably fit into Little Richie and take a nap while I drive up north.  I had the luxury of sleeping in until 9 this morning, while Paul dropped off his luggage and moped at my house at 5:30AM.  Eeeeeekkk.  I owe him for coming up north with me.  I think it will be fun, it's just a lot of driving to cram into 48 hours.  I think it will give us a lot of quality time to chat about the Match and his Rank list. I was able to talk to my parents last night about it and now I am feeling better about my direction and getting some clarity.  I hope Paul and I can chat about it too. 

I will try to take some pictures of our northern adventure.  I am sure there will be some taking at the Skeeto!  I'm bringing up my Skeeto shirt!  Paul has to run 10 miles on Sunday, so I don't think he'll be able to do much skeeto action.  Welp, another day and week has passed!  Updates following soon about this weekend's adventure!  Next week Wednesday Lyssa and I fly out to Washington DC, so that will result in a few blog updates I am sure... we started planning a bit about NYC, and I have a feeling it will be and absolute blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment