Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kelli comes to Madison!!

After getting back from Manhattan, I was able to do a lot of babysitting and hanging out with Grandma. Thursday I hung out with Drewski all day and Friday I was able to take a day to get some organizational paperwork done, go for a run, and relax.  Friday night I spent some time with Grandma and then hung out with Paul.

With the match rapidly approaching I thought it would only be fitting to make a countdown chain, like kids make when they are counting down to Christmas, haha!  It's pretty intense, I really worked the magic with this art project.  I was so excited I had to bring it over Friday morning before Paul went to work, hah!  Paul took the comment on the first chain link wrong and thought it was a plee for a ring, ahah, he was a little taken back by that misinterpretation. Classic.  I was able to go for a long run on Friday and now I'm back on schedule with my half marathon training.  We'll see if I can keep it up!

Saturday I had a long day of sitting.  I hung out with Grandma all afternoon and then babysat until 1AM.  It was a good time and fun day babysitting.  I made some delish cookies for Grandma Tess which she said were "almost as good as hers".  I also whipped up some homemade spaghetti which Grandma said "might even be better than hers"...hah.  It was too classic.  We had a good dinner.  I guess when I left she told her daughter that I would make a good wife someday, because I was a good cook in the kitchen. HAH!  I hope she's right!

The best part of Saturday came after babysitting, where I was able to meet up with my long lost DC roomie!  Kelli was in town interviewing for the Biomedical Engineering PhD program in Madison!  I met her at the EssenHaus around 1AM.  It was so nice to see her face again!  It has been way too long!  We caught up quickly and exchanged all of our next adventures and new plans with graduate school on the horizon.  It will be fun to see where we both end up next year.  She has a lot of great offers on the table including Duke and Michigan.  She's waiting to see if she got into Wisconsin, but that also might be a great option.  We were talking about the hard decisions and deciding where to go to school based on a bunch of different factors including prestige, funding, location, people, and labs.  We were also chatted about the added complication of factoring in significant others into school decisions. In the end, I think we will both end up in a place that is right, and that we'll be very happy with.  Unfortunately, I think we'll have to be apart again, but we will have decent incomes which will allow some traveling and weekend splurges! Yay!

Walking down to Georgetown with a Starbuck in hand!

Today Kelli and I went out to Panera for coffee and bagels to relive some DC memories.  Paul joined us after church and they were able to finally meet!  Kelli was there at the very beginning of our relationship when we were doing long distance from DC while barely dating!  They practically know each other because I've been telling stories for two years now.  I'm glad they finally met!  After the coffee break, we went to the new Target in Madison which opened today, and back to my house for my signature Alyce's Chicken Caesar Salad!  I hung out with Grandma for a little bit while Kelli wrote up some thank you emails.  We had to go to the airport after that and say our good-byes... it was much too short, but hopefully we'll reunite soon!  If Madison apartment shopping is on the horizon, I'm sure we'll cross paths soon!  I want to go out to Colorado and do some mountain hiking, that would be an absolute blast!  Maybe once Kelli and I get back from our respective trips to Europe!

Feels good to spend time with friends, new and old... I wouldn't trade my friends and roomies for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment