Thursday, March 17, 2011

MATCH DAY!!

This has been one of the craziest days in the history of our relationship.  There was so much riding on the paper that was hidden in Paul's envelope...  I'll just let the video do the talking.  My mom was able to watch it from her office in Green Bay, and Laura J was streaming from her cubical!


We had such a great morning, I was so overwhelmingly excited after Paul read off "University of Pittsburgh".  We can finally get moving on things and our future.  I am looking forward to looking for someone to spend my summer rotation with and starting to brush up on their research.  I will be attending the second look weekend the day after we get back from our trip to Europe.  It's going to be busy, but it will be the only time I can stay with a studen host before renting my own apartment.  I can't believe that I'm starting at square one and all of the boys are off to their residencies.

Here is Brian's match...


Anna and Brian are going to finally have the chance to be together in the twin cities.  I'm thrilled for those two being able to start together as a newly engaged couple!  Wedding bells in the future... now they can plan their wedding with some concrete ideas of where Brian will be sporting around the ER!

And last but not least, Foley's match...



I am so proud of all the roomies at Le Chateau.  We have a lot of places to visit now, we can make trips to the twin cities and Boston. Only one other person in Paul's class matched to Pittsburgh in Emergency medicine, so we'll be flying slightly solo out there!  Tonight we're going to go celebrate the great news of the match with the rest of the class. It's one of the few times we can see everyone and spread our congratulations!

Kathy emailed me some pictures of the event, they turned out great!

Paul and Foley in their fresh Anesthesia tees! UPMC and Harvard, nice work!

Pointing to Pittsburgh on the Match Map!

Kathy, Jack, Paul and I.  So excited and relieved after the ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment