Thursday, March 10, 2011

One week...

Today is Thursday, March 10th... meaning we have exactly one week until Match Day!   It will be a very slow week I am assuming because everyday is one day closer to the big Thursday we have been waiting a year for.  I have been using Sarah's advice of imagining myself in each scenario... Pittsburgh, MCW, Minnesota, Rochester, Mayo, Michigan, Wisconsin.... It will be a great opportunity for Paul and I with each potential match result.  It's just so hard not to know.  I think after the match rank lists are finalized, the waiting until match day is the worst, but you're literately doing nothing but waiting.  Everything submitted is official and there is no going back...



Paul has been taking off his chain links and humored me in letting me take a video.  Last night I met Laura J out at Greenbush Bar which was a perfect little spot.  I'm upset I didn't know about the hidden gem!  The pizza is great and the atmosphere is comfy and reminds me of home.  Paul met us after he was done taking call at Meriter to finally meet Laura J which we have been trying to set up for a long time now.  We of course relived memories of Hawaii, chatted about live in general and I caught up on all the Alzheimer's research news!  We also planned our next dates, including the infamous Seymour Burger Days!  I think I'll have to come home from school that weekend because it's our 5 year high school class reunion.  I can't believe I've already been out 5 years... weird!

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent!  I have decided to give up chips, haha, such a weird thing to give up. I am also trying to limit my candy intake to once a week.  Last night I had a juicy amount of candy, so I guess I can't have candy again until Wednesday!  It is hard to think of something manageable and practical to give up this Lent because we will be in Europe for a good portion of Lent and also for Easter.

Today I am hanging out with my favorite buddy Drewski!  I was able to get Erik's Anytime Fitness key access, so I'm going to try to swing by Anytime Fitness today after babysitting.  I need to get in shape before vacation and get ready for shorty shorts season!  I went shopping the other day and wondering when shorts (like 1/8 the size of jeans) cost $50??  Yikes!  I really liked some shorts at Abercrombie and wanted to vomit thinking about spending over fifty bucks on them...  I will have to make at least one investment in a good pair of shorts for vacation, so I will snoop for a coupon online and then perhaps go in and make the steep purchase...

ONE WEEK.  One week from today... I'll run to that tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment