Friday, December 14, 2012

FAST Bowling!

Zel and I with our FAST Group Bowling in Squirrel Hill!

Another FAST (Faculty and Students Together) event was scheduled perfectly between exams and Holiday chaos.  This time, we had the chance to team up wither another FAST group for an evening of pizza and bowling in Squirrel Hill.  Zel, Bhavana, Leben, and I worked with our faculty advisors to set up some friendly competition!

It was fun to catch up with everyone and see how first and second year of school are going.  The first years were in the midst of genetics and experiencing Team Based Learning in all of its glory. I have to say that I have heard each year of medical school is better than the last, so I'm glad we're always moving forward to new and exciting things - even if that means that we are slowly approaching USMLE Step 1.  Eeeeek!


Bowling was a blast.  I cannot remember the last time I went bowling, but I think it was probably at Wally's Seymour Bowl.  We all grabbed a pair of "vintage" shoes and started throwing towards the pins.  Real bowling is much different that Wii bowling I found out rather quickly.  My score was ugly.

I'm glad we were able to sneak in another event before everyone takes off for the Holidays and gets a well needed and deserved break from school.  Until next time... study on FASTeeees!

Zel taking charge of the lanes...

No comments:

Post a Comment