Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Last Minute: Destination Wisconsin


The first weekend of our new gastroenterology course was a prime opportunity to sneak home for a mini vacation.  I made sure I had extra time in the airport this time around and was flying through Cleveland back to Green Bay.  After a minor delay, I was running out of the airport to find Haus’ Burb in the passenger pick up ready to take me to a fine local establishment to meet Lyssa, Liz, Kate, Marc and the boys.   Luckily everyone was in the mood for dancing and we were sore the next morning from the night of busting many wild moves on the floor.  


Brown eggs, fresh from the chickens' buns.
Saturday morning, Lyssa and I drove up to Joel’s camp to meet my parents and help my dad get some things ready for the up and coming hunting season.   Saturday night we migrated down to Uncle Johns to catch up with everyone after dinner and exchange stories and dance like Taylor Swift.  Lyssa and I got on a role telling stories from our college days and some of the adventures we got into with Windpants.  I was laughing so hard!  We also had Dad and big Whitey consider volunteering to be a standardized patient for a little extra cash – hahah!

Curty teaching Lyssa how to navigate like a northwoods man... GPS.

Getting a good angle on the bambis.

Helping Curty putting up the three stand!

Living off the land...
Sunday morning I went for a walk down the road at Bucks cabin to take in the rustic scenery and the farmland.  There were a lot of great photo opportunities to capture the remaining fall foliage and harvested fields.  Later that morning, we took a trip to the public land to help Curty put up a few deer stands in preparation for opening day and he showed us a few tricks to tracking down the big bucks.  Lyssa was navigating with the GPS and carrying a part of the climber.  It as a nice little hike back into the woods followed by a stop at the water falls on our way out.  We made it there just in time to take pictures and run back to the car before the downpour of rain!  Perfect timing!
Lyssa and I at the falls - WI

Curty, our local tour guide!
Lyssa in the midst of the waterfall

Monday afternoon it was down to Milwaukee for a late night flight through Newark and to Pittsburgh.  I’m sure glad that I was able to make the trip back to visit and catch up with everyone before the hustle of the Holidays!  I never turn town a weekend trip to Wisconsin!

Just another reason why I love Buck's Camp Fence...

No comments:

Post a Comment