Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Anesthesia Holiday Party

I spend so much time at home studying, that I forget how much I like to capture to moment.  It's especially dreamy when there are a few flakes coming down outside and am allowed to stay snuggled up in my office next to my space heater.  The simply joys of being a lifelong student.

One of the other perks of being in training is that Paul and I were fortunate enough to join the department holiday party at the Pittsburgh Zoo this year.  We got all fancied up in the freezing cold and ventured off towards Highland Park to get to the Zoo.   I was excited to see the location and meet up with some of Paul's friends and coworkers.


We feasted on snacks and wandered around to look at the swimming creatures.  The octopus was crazy cool.  After an evening of trying to be proper, we could hold back no longer - it was time to pet the stingrays.  I went first, having a sleeveless dress and all.  Paul was next.  However, we were most impressed by the young kid who went in with both arms and forgot to roll up the sleeves on his dress shirt due to his overwhelming excitement.  It was hilarious to see him remove his soaking wet body, and try to think of what to do next. I swear he went in about neck deep!

So smooth those rays are.  Reminds me of Bergs and Joel in the Bahamas!

Paul, rolling up his sleeves to dive in!

~ It's a Pizza - Mamma Mia! ~

What a nice way to spend an evening.  Then it was home to get some sleep.  The next day I made a delicious pizza for dinner - something we will be adding to our routine menu.  Delicious doesn't get much easier, although I bet it could get a little be healthier... oh well!

Dinner for two - at home date nights are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment