Saturday, February 9, 2013

Greyhounds, Ugly Sweaters, and Packers

Christmas tree in downtown Chicago - wish I could capture it in the dark!
It was a last minute decision to fly back for Christmas, which resulted in a few firsts.  It was my first time being upgraded to first class on my way to Chicago!  I was so excited, but since it was the first flight of the morning, everyone just slept.  Oh, it was my first time ever vomiting on a plane, another first... really couldn't tell you why that happened, other than I was feeling like junk after a pizza binge.    After hitting Chicago I took the trains to visit Alyssa downtown and see her awesome studio apartment.  I'm SOOO jealous of the location, and hopefully I can get back sometime soon when the wind isn't so chilly!  I am sensing a day or two on the beach this summer!

Close to Alyssa's apartment, so adorable, and so cozy! I cannot wait to visit again!
After walking around downtown, I took a cab to the Greyhound station for my long trip to Green Bay!  I transferred buses in Milwaukee and made it from Chicago to Green Bay in just over 6 hours.  Definitely not the fastest way to travel, but it sure saved me a few dollars!
Jay with his pointsettia sweater with the Elf (me) and Lyssa as.. well Lyssa.

That's about as Packer as I get.
With just a moments rest, we gathered the family to head out to Jackson Point to meet up with all of Joel's buddies who were getting together over the Christmas break.  It was fun to have them all in one place, and catch a glimpse of the crew before we scattered to our separate family events!

Finally, there's something to be said about watching the Packer game in Green Bay, WI.  It can't be beat.  Lucky for us we have connections with one of Joel's friends Gosa who so kindly hosted us for lunch and football.  It was fun to catch up and see the home that they have been working on so feverishly!  We were also able to get the details on a few stories from the night before... the Christmas party.  Always a good time when those boys get together! 

Group photo: Jon, Beth, Curty, Deb, and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment