Saturday, February 23, 2013

Anderson Christmas

The Anderson Family - Christmas 2012
I love going home for the holidays.  I know by the time you read this... Christmas was a fond memory of last year.  Paul was only able to come home for a few days after Christmas in which I spent some much needed quality time with the Anderson family in Appleton.  

The extended Anderson Family... Dave!
Jenny, Dave, Paul and I getting ready for dinner!

The first night he arrived we were welcomed for dinner at the Gruner's and had a good time hearing about Dooze's trip to India and catching up with the most recent husband and wife: Dave and Jenny!  It was a fun evening and ended with us watching Jim Gaffigan's latest stand up.  I love his comedy!

Paul and I had our first session of pre-marriage counseling which was really nice, and after talking things through, we drove up north to go snowmobiling with my parents, Bergsy, Ben and Chris.  There was just enough snow to get by, but definitely not enough to make a day out of it.  I was just happy that Paul was able to see all of the progress that was made on the cabin in person.  It has come such a long way since he was up there last.  There will be many more memories made up at Buck's place, I'm sure of it!

Alyce & Paul

 As our time home was coming to an end, Mom and Dad came down to Appleton for dinner one night, and then Paul and I flew home early morning on New Years Day!  I was pretty pumped because I secured Paul an exit row on both of our flights back to Pittsburgh.  Boooya! There are some perks to traveling, even for Pauly!

Christmas break was wonderful and refreshing.  It was hard to come back and get into the groove of studying again.   I sound like a broken record.  (smiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment