Thursday, March 28, 2013

DIY Book Case

This new house stuff has me in a little bit of a Martha Stewart mood.  I have been planning to design the perfect office for maximum productivity.  Something that is severely lacking in my life.  (Haha, the productivity, not the office...)

I absolutely love the bookcase that Curty made for a project back in the day.  The bookcase has gone with me everywhere.  I had all my books on it back at our house on Isaar Road.  I lined it with ceramics, books, shoes, toys when I was a kid.  It traveled to Madison with me and had the perfect spot in Kendall Ave to hold all my college textbooks.  After college, it made the trip with me to Pittsburgh and served as our bathroom shelf for two years.  The thing is completely indestructible.  Nice carpentry Poppa!

I decided that I was going to give the wood a facelift and paint it an antique white.  It was my project before the big move - so I could waltz right into our house and start studying.  Hmmm, now what else should I paint?  I love my antiquing kit!

Yeah, those are old JAMAs... haha! Finished Product!

No comments:

Post a Comment