Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Christmas in Pittsburgh

Dale, freshly groomed, looking like a hot Christmas mess.
Our Christmas celebration this year was nice and low key.  To celebrate the holidays, we spent time cooking some wonderful meals including roasting duck and enjoying some fresh shrimp that my parents brought back from Florida.  Both were absolutely delicious.  We also went of plenty of walks and worked a little around the house, as we always do when my parents visit. Dale added another level of chaos as one would assume.  The pup was crazy and enjoyed helping us unwrap the presents on Christmas morning. 

Red Solo Cups for Mom and Dad!

GARTH! YES.

Ohhh Thank you for your help dale.



We had a few simple gifts for one another. My parents got me the Garth Brooks box set, which I've watched already like 5 times.  Oh my gosh, his concert at the Wynn is better than I ever could have imagined. I remember when I heard he was coming out of retirement to play in Vegas, I emailed Joel to ask about the tickets.  He called me out on wasting time and money, hhaha, see below. 


Marsh, Joel Joel.Marsh@jacobs.com

2/16/11
to me
A lot pricey, busy morning then I see!


From: Alyce Marsh [mailto:alycemarsh@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:38 AM
To: Marsh, Joel

Subject: Re: Bad day on the Portage

Hey Uncle Buck,

Here's Garth's tour dates in Vegas....  A little pricey.  Eeeeeeee

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 10, 2011—Garth Brooks has performed to sold-out crowds and rave reviews at the intimate Encore Theater at Wynn Las Vegas since December 2009. Tickets for the next series of highly anticipated concerts will go on sale on Saturday, January 15 at 10 a.m. PT. Tickets are $225 plus service charge and tax ($253 total).
Concert Dates: 
March 25 & 26
April 8 & 9
June 3 & 4
June 24 & 25
July 22 & 23
Concert times: 
Fridays: 8 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 8 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.


Haha, so that pretty much settled that. But luckily I got to watch the concert in the comfort of my living room, and Paul finally got to use his surround sound! It was a great time in Pittsburgh, and I'm so happy that they came out to visit!

Lyssa's Christmas present for Dale.






No comments:

Post a Comment