Friday, July 22, 2011

Hackam Lab BBQ: Moped Ride!

Sunday morning I worked on some paper work in the morning and went to the Gym to get in my long run for the week.  It went pretty well, but the bus didn't come quickly after the run, so I called Paul to meet me halfway in the car.  I put on another 0.5-1 miles that way!

After the jog, I scurried about to get ready in time to head to Dr. Hackam's Lab picnic.  Each summer he hosts a BBQ at his house for the people in the lab to attend.  It was pretty close to our place, so we decided to moped there for lunch.  It was a fun little moped ride, after stopping for gas at the Shell, we parked out front and walked to the backyard to be greeted by the rest of the lab!

Turns out we were fashionably late but there was a lot of great food and company.  We talked and watched the kids run around and play games on the swing-set.  After getting our fill and over-indulging on fruit and snacks we jumped on our mopeds and headed for home.  Dr. Hackam and Macky (with his son) came out and watched us speed off, it was pretty classic.  I made a pit stop at giant eagle for Popsicles and ricotta and then over to Panera Bread to pick up my free drink, it was a fun and warm afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment