Saturday, July 2, 2011

Strobel's Birthday Dinner and Evening...

On Friday after work, I went home, raced to the bank and took the bus to Oakland.  I was pretty excited because I left my moped in the ramp over night and there wasn't a ticket or anything on it.  That makes me feel more confident that I am able to park my moped in the garage and ride it to work.  It would be super handy to be able to fly around on the moped, but I always have to go to Oakland after Children's - so the shuttle is pretty convenient to get to Scaife and Peterson Events Center.

Happy Birthday Strobel! Rock on!

Anywho, we went out to eat at Joe Mama's, an Italian place in Oakland, close to the hospital.  I had a drink and a salad, and it was really great!  We used the MSTP Birthday Candle and I had the honors of cutting the cake!  Annie did another amazing cake purchase, strawberry from Squirrel Hill!  It was delicious, I was so full I could barely move again.  After taking a rest back home, I met up with Michelle and walked down to a fellow classmate's house in Shadyside to socialize.  It was a good time and I was able to meet a few people there...  Ryan and I shared a lot of laughs, so it was just like another day in lab! Haha...

This morning, Paul and I made a haul at Sam's Club and Wal-mart.  I picked up some ingredients for dinners I want to make this week, so it was a much needed trip.  We also got normal size recycling bags (instead of the epic fail ebay blue bags from China).  All is well in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment