Friday, July 22, 2011

Short week and jam-packed weekend!

After a long weekend, the short week flew past! With a bunch of grand events!  On Tuesday after class, I quite popped into the gym for a short 3.5 mile run and then ran right over to Hemingway's to catch up with the MSTP boys who were grabbing a bite to eat.  I made it just in time to place my order of a Chicken Caesar wrap (hold the Caesar).  We gabbed about class and medicine as usual, then I made my way home for a busy night of homework.

The following evening, Paul and I wanted to use our other Hemingway's coupon, so we met up after class/work to walk down to dinner at Hemingway's.  They had a Blue Moon Special, which was excellent.  We had a nice, inexpensive, and filling dinner.  It was a lot of fun and a nice treat after work.
Happy BIRTHDAY Annie! Happy 21st!

Thursday I had class again after lab and we were walking down to go out with Annie for her Birthday!  I quickly went home and got a bottle of wine because the place was BYO-Bottle and Annie was turning 21!  It was an excellent dinner, we went to Ali Baba and celebrated with the craziest chocolate cake after a large vegetarian dinner.  It was really delicious!

MSTP Gang (and hole where I'm sitting)

Josh, Eric, Alex, Johannes, Michelle!

Singing Happy Birthday like fools!
 So that makes going out to eat three days in a row... yeesh.  On Friday I was able to relax and hang out with Paul at home, it was really nice to just take it easy.  Saturday morning I had to go into lab to get some immunostaining done on cells, so I ran in and started working.  Paul called, and we had a quick change of plans and headed to the Anesthesia department picnic.  It was in the afternoon on a hot day, so we were all warm and feeling the heat.  The Director's house was absolutely amazing and the party was excellent!  They had a buffet of catered food and a massive backyard filled with a pool, outdoor patio, massive grill, and small waterfall.  It was such a beautiful place to host a party!  We stayed and mingled with faculty and students.  Paul was the only first CBY (Clinical Base Year) that was at the party for a long time until some of his classmates showed up.  All of the students and faculty brought their families, so it was nice to mingle with other couples and smile at the kiddos!

After the picnic, Paul and I went to Ikea to browse around.  We looked for tables and different things, but the best purchase by far was our magnetic knife blocks!  We finally got to hang our knifes up and get them off the counter top!  They look great, and Paul did a good job of hanging them up.

That Saturday evening was a continuation of Annie's Birthday Party!  Josiah and just driven his UHaul from Chicago with Anna so I met up with the gang late on Carson Street to bring a load of MSTP peeps home to Ellsworth.  It was a low key night, and I drove which was a welcomed relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment