Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Engagement!

Well, it's definitely big news that requires a blog update... Because, I'm engaged!  Or, I should say that we're engaged!  Yep, it's official that we're going to tie the knot!  Of course I'm assuming that you all want pictures and the story.  I will have to put it all together for my wedding website again, but I thought that a good preview here would be welcomed by many.

Our engagement, we cannot wait for the big day!

So, last Monday (1/9/2012) Paul had a long day at work at the pediatric emergency department, and I had a week full of exams.  I just finished making up my ethics test that afternoon and then spent much of the afternoon in the library attempting to prepare for my Cell Path exam that was rapidly approaching on Thursday.  I got back from Christmas break on (1/4/12) and was leaving again for Wisconsin that Friday morning, so it was a brief return to Pittsburgh to begin with.

Anyway, I beat Paul home on Monday, because I was famished and needed dinner.  I went home, ate, and started studying at my computer post on the kitchen table.  Paul texted me and told me he was getting a few things at the grocery store, mostly cereal, and that he would be home soon.  So he comes waltzing up the stairs a few minutes later with grocery bags of cereal.  I welcomed him home, and then he asked if I could help get the rest of the groceries out of the car.  I said "Do, I have to? I really need to finish this lecture...  ugh, okay, fine."  After Paul convinced me to help him, I through on some slip on heels and headed downstairs, Paul insisting I go first.

When I started down the stairs in our entry way, there were rose petals and notes leading down the stairs.  That's when it finally sunk in what was happening.  I followed the notes down the stairs all giddy, and at the bottom, Paul got down on his knee, and started whispering things I didn't understand.  I said, "Let's go upstairs, let's go upstairs!" and I ran up to the apartment.... haha, and he followed I guess, and then came in the apartment door and got down on one knee again.  I still didn't really understand what he was saying, but I said yes and slid the ring on anyway!  Later that night, he told me the speech he had rehearsed, and it was perfect.

The story of our engagement in a collage, what a perfect engagement...


After the excitement, we took a lot of pictures, and I texted and called my buddies!  We were so excited!  I cracked a bottle of champagne had a glass, then we walked over to Anna and Josiah's place to tell them about it and drink cheap champagne with them.

Paul had also planned to go to a really nice restaurant called Salt of the Earth, but we just ran out of time, and I was feeling full from dinner that I had had 30 minutes prior.  He also bought a REALLY nice bottle of wine for us.  We'll go out to eat soon to celebrate our engagement, and I will most definitely post pictures of the event!

Paul did such a wonderful job picking out the ring and planing the whole event.  The ring is beautiful, and perfect!  And now, I can officially say.... fiance!

Joel Buck and Paul, my two boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment