Saturday, January 7, 2012

It's the New Year... 2012

The past year has brought about so many changes including moving to a new city in a new state and starting medical school.  Despite the many overwhelming changes of the year, I feel fortunate to still be so blessed in so many ways.  For example, spending New Years Eve in Lake Eva with family and friends.  Lake Eva is by far one of my favorite places to spend time and soak in the beauty, silence, and beautiful scenery. 



We were able to snowmobile up there and into camp.  It was great to be back because I haven't been up there in the winter in a while!  I drove up with Chris after a blast of a pit stop in Fence.  We set up camp one night with John and KJ and had the chance to catch up, pour a few "Buck Shots", share a few laughs, and dance like crazy Taylor Swift.  It was a blast.  The next morning, Chris and I split the Tylenol down the middle, with one Excedrin each.  Once in Houghton, after a Walmart pit stop for cheap champagne, I found myself in the driver seat of the Burb as Chris was pushing it out of the ditch full of snow, hahah! It was quite a site, and I suggested that Chris take the curve a LITTLE slower next time...

Me on the Cougar, heading into camp!


On New Years Eve we took a quick snowmobile trip down to the Skeeto eager to use our Skeeto Drink chips that George gave us all for Christmas!  Mum had a blast, stealing chips from everyone around her!  It made for many laughs throughout the weekend, that's for sure!

Christmas chips!  You better guard them!


Chris and I managed to stay up until Midnight, fighting to stay awake from the fun we had the night before in Fence!  We had a great time none the less!  New Years Day we make a trip to the KBC and Chirs and I topped off the day watching Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation, and I laughed so hard I couldn't breath.  That night we had a beautiful batch of lake effect snow to wake up to in the morning.  The snow comes down so slowly but constantly that it coats and frosts the trees.  It's such a pretty snowfall, unlike anything else.

Dad in the front, me, and mother!

That day we took advantage of the fresh powder and hit the trails to Twin Lakes.  It was a white out, and I couldn't see dad's taillight in front of me because of the fresh white.  When everything is white, it's hard to tell where the trails are, but we had an absolute blast! 

Heading to the Mosquito for lunch!  Me, Dad and Mom on the trail!


I absolutely enjoyed the time up there, so much that on my last day there, I booked flights to go back in 10 days!  I thought that the best time to head home was MLK Day which is creeping up soon!  I was able to fly out of the Houghton airport and head back to Pittsburgh.  I love that airport and will surely look for flight out of there any time I get the chance to run home between exams!

Houghton County Airport, yep that's the whole place!

I cannot wait to get back! My mission is to study for my Pathology exam like a dedicated student, then pack my bags again to head back to Milwaukee!  Wish me luck!

The view from the cabin - Lake Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment