Monday, January 23, 2012

Seymour in the U.P. ey!

I couldn't stay in Pittsburgh for long, so a quick ten days after getting back from Christmas vacation, I was heading back to Milwaukee where Westerhoff was picking me up from the airport! It was MLK Day weekend, meaning a free Monday off of school and a perfect excuse to head home during the winter to show my parents my engagement ring!  I'm so glad that Paul proposed just in time for me to go home and spend some time with my parents, what an understanding guy ey?


When Chris picked me up at the airport, of course parked in the pilot lot, he was looking for a big bruise across my back or face... because the two weeks prior I hinted that Paul is getting excited about getting engaged...  His classic response was... "Aahhh, I see... Paul's thinking that he's got the fish in the boat, only thing left to do is SMACK it with the OAR!!!"  So, I told him I got hit by the oar.
Me on the Sabercat at Look Out Point

On the way home Chris showed me where he spends most of his days, at work in Appleton.  Sweet shop, with lots of massive toys including cranes bigger than our house!  Ridiculous!  It was pretty sweet, and I'm glad he showed me the garage, although I am sure that they were a little puzzled why a small girl was running around through the shop.

That night we met up with Chris's parents and made our way to Eddie Whipp's for their Friday night fish fry, but made a pit stop at Stadium View to meet up with Pretty Ricky and Hill Bill.  It was so nice catching up with those two over a Blue Moon!  After Whipp's I was SUPER tired, and passed out under Stu's massive coat after prank calling Lyssa to try to get her to leave her work party.  Apparently getting up at 2:30AM to catch a plane isn't the best way to energize for a Whippy party.

Downtown Houghton, getting ready to go the KBC!
Curty in front of his pride and joy, Lake Eva!


-SATURDAY & SUNDAY-
Me, Mom and Dad by the railroad bridges! So scenic!
Saturday morning, we got up early and went up to Lake Eva to do some snowmobiling!  That afternoon we went to the KBC and I cooked dinner at the camp.  It was a fun run on the sleds, and the Sabercat was purring like a little artic kitten!  Joel made such a good choice in getting that sled, thank goodness I don't have a lead thumb!

Groomer we met on the Freida Loop!
Sunday we snowmobiled down to Rockland to grab a bite to eat at Henry's.  They have excellent food!  It was a fun run on the sleds, because you get to go over the old railroad bridges and see the massive bluffs of the UP.  We went up to look out point and took some photos too.  The elevation is pretty impressive.  We made our way back to base camp (The Mosquito Inn) and were going to watch the game there, but it was terrible and I was itching to get back out on the trails while everyone was inside glued to the TV.  We ran the Frieda Loop and met the groomer on our way - FIRST tracks on the smooth trails, now that is HEAVEN!  Such a smoooooth ride!

Curty making the best of the freshly groomed trails, smooth as silk!
 -MONDAY & TUESDAY-
Monday we took off early before the sunrise and headed down to the flat lands of Seymour.  We went to see Grandma Marsh and spent some time around home.  We even took a trip into Green Bay to pick out some tile for Buck's cabin.  After, I ran down to Appleton to spend some time with the Anderson's and show them the bling!  It was fun to catch up with Kathy, Mark and Dooze!

Railroad look outs on the trail to Rockland!

Monday night we had an impromptu dinner party at the duplex with Chris, Liz, Lyssa and Bergs.  Chef Chris fired up the cast iron and whipped up some delicious Mexican food.  Then we proceeded to stay up much too late for a week night talking about funny stories and good times.  It's always a blast at the duplex, and I like trying to fit into Bucks small flannel pants and snuggling into bed.

At Milwaukee Airport
I flew out of Milwaukee Tuesday evening, and Mom and Dad drove me down there.  The time home always goes too fast, and it was hard to say goodbye.  Lately I would fly home only to anticipate flying back in a few days, but this time I don't have a flight home for a while which makes it hard to go back to Pittsburgh.  At least my fiance is always waiting for me upon my return.  I'm so thankful that Paul is out here and that I have friends that are willing to put up with my antics.  I am sure my excitement for school will gradually return, but until then I'm going to take it day by day.

Me and Curty outside the Mosquito Inn!



No comments:

Post a Comment