Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Heaven: Lake Eva & Wisconsin

After work on Friday afternoon, I jumped on the 28X to the Pittsburgh airport in search of Michigan paradise.  I made a pit stop at the Rite Aid in the airport to grab some candy (laffy taffy for Lyssa) and to burn a coupon that Paul had to the store.  The lines at security were fairly long, but I made it to the alternate security checkpoint and got through in decent time.  I was flying United, and my flight from PIT to O'Hare went off without any real delay.  I did however completely spill a fruit and yogurt parfait all over the airport tile, slightly embarrassing. Whooops!

Entering the Hancock Airport!

Once I got to O'Hare I located the trusty McDonalds over by the smaller terminals and lapped up on some Asian salad goodness and this time had a successful attempt of eating my fruit and yogurt parfait.  My flight left pretty late, so there weren't too many people left in the airport.  I was headed to Houghton (CMX) so there weren't many people in my terminal especially.  We were on a small plane and walked outside to get on.  It was actually a little bit bigger than the plane I took to Chicago, so it's all good.  The flight was a breeze and it was awesome to land at an airport not surrounded by city lights.  You could see the Houghton/Hancock center, but the airport was some ways in the distance, so we landed in darkness, the only plane at the only terminal in the airport.  Cars are allowed to pull right up to the fence and wave at the people as they taxi to the airport building.  It's really pretty sweet to fly into, especially when your friends and family are waiting for you!

Apparently this struggle happened earlier that evening, with Curty and Buck man handling the four wheeler!


I walked off the plane and through the only door, and first thing I saw was Curty double fisting the cameras, and Lyssa and Becca screaming "Yeeeeeh, hey rooms!"  It was fun to walk in and exchange hugs without the delay of running through the airport!  Uncle Buck sat quietly, but I slapped his back as a brotherly/sisterly salutation.   We then jumped in the car and headed for the Skeeeto!
 

The next morning at Lake Eva, we headed for the water and the awesome weather of the lake.  As Joel as our captain we took to the waters and did some swimming.  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!  Becs was sure to get burned!

Lyssa and I playing with our noodles...
The PERCH

After a long day on the water, we headed upstairs for some grilled Wisconsin Cheese sandwiches!  George later joined us on the water, and we showed him how we cute women like to wiz.  Ooops, maybe a little too much information?


Looks as if we girls looked a little odd with our noodle placement!
Off to the skeeto for some good tunes and good treats!
Lyssa enjoying her new helment... WWII style

Joel brought up his four wheeler so we were able to hit the dusty trails of Michigan.  Lyssa had the hard core helmet on and aviators, like a boss.  We were sported up in our skeeto t-shirts and strolled in with style.  Joel had two lovely ladies on the back of his wheeler!


Lyssa and I were playing shuffle board... Buck and I dominated per ush.  Buck get's a chance to play this game a little more often than we do, so he knows the every curve and sandy spot on the run.  We had some pretty good hangers for a suspenseful skeeto shuffle game.  Lyssa and I kept the jukebox fed and I was firing up the old Alabama songs and Garth Brooks.  A classic night in the U.P. to say the least!


We had such a blast up north, and I am so happy that Lyssa, Becs, Buck and the rents were able to join me up there!  It was short, but we made it sweet!

Lake Eva, American Flag, and great friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment