Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Klass Act...

Just as my exam finished, I get a text from a certain Joanna who's riding on a toll-road, in a car with Wisconsin plates... destination, Pittsburgh!

Steve and Joanna were on their way out to move in Joanna while she does an internship at the aviary!  It's always a huge plus to have a taste of the Home of the Hamburger in Pittsburgh, or anywhere for that matter!  Yesterday they were able to touch on the staples of Pittsburgh:

#1 - Primanti Brother's
#2 - Duquesne Incline
#3 - Carson Street
#4 - Pirates Game
#5 - Hemingway's (Now known as Ernie's)

We met for lunch at Primanti's, and Joanna asked for a fork which was hilarious.  It's a staple of Pittsburgh, and their famous for it, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily delicious... haha, just saying.  I ordered some Cajun fries... and whew, they were spiced to the max!  We stopped at Razzy Fresh and then headed up the hill to see the Peterson Events Center and get a view from above.

Joanna's tight park job... I may have made her nervous sitting so close...haha!

After class (or shall I say klass), I ran home, skuttled around and cleaned the apartment quickly while whipping up dinner.  I made the sweet potato flat bread, tiggy salad, and spicy pasta.  Thank goodness I'm getting used to those recipes, because I was able to simultaneously whip them up in a flash.  For dessert we had M&M's...haha, what a chef.  After dinner at my place, we took a closed bridge down town to PNC park for the game!  I didn't catch a game yet, so it was a perfect opportunity to tag along... in the middle front seat, haha!

PNC Park!



After the game, we parked the Century and waltzed down to Oakland to grab a cheap treat at Ernie's (aka. Hemingway's).  It was so reasonable, it seemed like a sin.  I spend $20 for food and drinks all evening! Awesome!  I came home after hauling in the Marlin, because I had class the next day... but lucky for me... not until 10AM.  Booya!

Pittsburgh skyline at night...

Getting our T-shirts ready to pirate software.... Haha, what else would you do with a Pirates tee?

No comments:

Post a Comment