Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunday full of activities...

Because my weekend consisted mostly of studying... Sunday I splurged.  In the morning I woke up, did laundry, yoga, and went to whole foods to buy some self-satisfying treats which included two new additions to my family: basil plant and a cilantro plant.  After grocery shopping I showered in record time and Taylor so kindly picked me up so we could head to our FAST advisors' brunch they were hosting at their house.  

Taylor tracing our cat onto the pumpkin... we got real crazy.

Angela was attempting something equally as adventurous... the GHOST!

The brunch was a great way to relax, enjoy home cooking and yes... CARVE PUMPKINS!  I didn't initially RSVP because I was planning to run the Erie Half Marathon, so Taylor and I teamed up on a cat pumpkin.  Pumpkin carving was a blast!  There were a few people who had never carved before, so it was a new experience for some, and a fun past time for others.  Overall, extremely relaxing.

A little too much muscle there boy... One tool down.

Prrrr... kittay... (you can only see the body, the head is towards the back)

Sunday afternoon consisted of me baking meals and bread for the entire week.  I made seafood linguine, curry rice with shrimp and peas, fresh healthy salsa, and garlic parsley bread knots.  In the process of making the garlic parsley knots I almost burnt the place down because the olive oil ran over in the 450 degree oven... a little smokey to say the least.  HAha, our neighbors for sure hate us and now hate the smell of garlic.

Sunday evening Paul and I went downtown to Sharp's Edge on Penn Ave to grab a beer with the other anesthesia interns.  I had the opportunity to try Screamin' Pumpkin by a brewery in Michigan... Ohhh my... I'm in love.  Paul even enjoyed it!  So my pumpkin infatuation has risen to a whole new and glorious level...BEER.

Best brew... Of course, from an equally amazing state... Michigan!

This week is going to consist of studying all night, every night until the exam on Monday.  Head and neck is a severe pain in my head and neck...  So until the pain ceases, I'm going to be M.I.A.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment