Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Medical School Milestone: EXAM 1

When your exam is on Monday, it's easy to guess what you're doing the weekend before... studying.  Of course, it was Paul's only weekend off so far, or mainly the only time he had two full days off in a row, and I had to spend them smashed in the books.  I stayed home, turned on my classical tunes and cranked out some studying.  On Saturday we did a little grocery shopping, and I was able to try out a new recipe which I really enjoy: sweet potato flatbread!

Study breaks have their benefits!

Sweet potato flat bread... tastes better than the picture!

I made a lot of different meals, and tried a few different recipes, it was great!  The break was short lived, but delicious.  On Sunday I went into work with Paul bright and early and studied for 12 hours straight (with distractions of course), but it was really nice to be able to dedicate the whole day to review.  I got a good night sleep and headed into the exam Monday morning.  It was fun to see all of our classmates, and get pumped up from the nervousness that was flowing all around Scaife. After the exam I came home and watched TLC and let my brain rest.  I also stopped in the Hackam Lab to say hello and catch up with a few people, which was really relaxing...

Paul, as sweet as always, picked me up a nice big celebratory Starbucks!  Pumpkin Spice Latte!  I was so excited to be home and stress free for a few hours with Paul, sipping a latte!

Well, all I can say is that I jumped the first hurdle... but just like track and field, the hurdle height may get higher...   How do I know??  Because I just got back from our cranial nerves lecture, which made the thorax feel like a breeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment