Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Labor Day Weekend & Short Week

I want to apologize off the bat for being so delayed in these updates, but anatomy took over my life in ways I could not have anticipated... But, now that I know what to anticipate, life is slightly more normal...

First things first, a look back over the past two weeks, which included Labor Day weekend!  Let's start of with some Med School events.  On the first of September, we had our FAST dinner.  I don't know how to explain it other than we are paired with 2 MSII's and one faculty advisor.  Our faculty advisor is great, and pretty much living my life in some odd way.  She is a pediatric hospitalist with 2 or 3 kids.  She is also married to a pediatric anesthesiologist, crazy huh?  I had a good time getting to know here and I told her a little bit about Paul's first few months as an intern.  She will be such a great resource as I start organizing shadowing experiences in pediatrics, what fun??!? Awesome!

It was at our FAST dinner that Annie and I were faced with reality... anatomy.  We last minute decided to cancel a camping trip to Kentucky.  We booked the campsite, bought a tent, and all of the good stuff was taken care of... the only thing left to do was to drive across the country, pitch a tent, and spend a few good sleepless nights in the woods of Kentucky.  The idea was solid, however we realized quickly that the timing was not.  We needed more study time, and last minute agreed on canceling the shenanigans!

Annie's "Campfire" latte at Caribou Coffee! Camping, kind of!

Netter's and Nachos...
We made up for the camping trip by splurging on some treats and studying all Friday afternoon... as the weekend went by, we were both sure we made the right decision.  It was a great weekend to recover and rest!  I went out with Zimms for a bit and ended up at Salomon's apartment which was a fun and unexpected turn to the evening.  On Saturday we had a girls wine night, which was a good time!  I brought over the aerator and we all enjoyed a glass and shot the breeze!

New friends... after almost taking out Mr. Bones with his backpack!


The short week following, was just that, SHORT.  There wasn't much time to study outside of class, but we made the best of it to prepare for Monday's exam.  We went to the practice practical which was extremely helpful and studied into the wee morning hours.  Annie and I were hitting the books hard!  We even took it to the sleep over level, which mainly meant mixing studying with ice cream! Yum!

 It was a good week and long weekend, I am so glad that we made the right decision to stay home and spend some time in Pittsburgh... we'll have to save camping for one of the next 7-8 years!  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment