Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Anatomy Exam 2 Aftermath...

My past week and weekend have been consumed with studying, but after the test (yesterday) I cannot say that I opened my syllabus... may have been a terrible mistake.  But anyway, yesterday I hit up the dentist and paid far too much for cavities.  I haven't been to the dentist in ages, and I love candy.  You get where this one is going...

After the sound of the drill on my teeth ceased, I met up with Joanna and we tromped on down to Elbow room on Walnut.  The food was great, and we celebrated Alex's birthday!  Big-ole 24!  We then proceeded to join up with the MS1 crew that were at Marios across the street celebrating the exam.  I celebrated... yep, got that one taken care of.  It was nice to mix and mingle...and sprint home with Joanna to my apartment.

Elbow Room - such good sweet potato fries!

Today, in attempt to be productive, we went to the Home Depot and bought house plants!  I have been waiting to plant my basil and cilantro into something permanent, and found the perfect solution.  At Home Depot I got a little plant crazy and bought an orchid and a house plant... I don't know the name, but I know everyone owns one.

After the Home Depot guy thought we were a couple... we went home to plant!

The orchid named Paul (Left), and I got the short one... makes sense right?

After planting, I showered up and went to the MSTP workshop, which is a dinner for all of the students to get together and get to know one another.  It was a good time!  I got to chat it up with Emily and soak in some advice from those who have gone before me...

You know where this is headed!  Scones!

Post dinner, it was only appropriate to make pumpkin scones!  I skipped class today, so to make up for skipping a 4 hour lab, I thought I should feed those in my lab group.  I hope they're into scones.  I might even run up to the Hackam lab tomorrow morning and drop some scones off... I promised I would make them for everyone and I've failed, until now... booyah!

Welp, it was a fun 48 hours, but now I must refocus and charge full speed ahead at the final exam...

No comments:

Post a Comment