Monday, September 3, 2012

BBQ and Bagpipes!

bagpipes can be a bit loud. definitely a quick reaction time as far as covering his ears!
This summer I was fortunate enough to work in the McGeachy Lab and to meet many new people and families in the process!  She kindly hosted a backyard BBQ for the lab members in which Katherine played the bagpipes for some afternoon tunes!  Paul and I ate until we could barely move.  I brought over some fine Wisconsin cheese as well as my nifty travel cheese cutter.  The cheese tools in my house are endless - I can't wait until the cheese serving stone that Kathy gave us for Christmas last year arrives! It will be the perfect addition to my wine and cheese parties!

The shock of the noise is over - let the dancing begin!
The BBQ was wonderful.  Katherine and I learned about the ropes of graduate school from senior students in the Gaffen Lab, and Paul was able to catch a glimpse into the future that is my graduate school years!  Excellent job on the bagpipes Katherine - I'll see you in lab once this school year gets rolling... or maybe after cardio, yeeesh this class is rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment