Saturday, September 15, 2012

Officially an MS2, yikes.

Well, there you have it.  I'm officially and MS2.  It's scary how fast our first year went and to think how fast this abbreviated year full of organs is going to go.  With a new year comes new classes and new responsibilities.  This year Zel and I are mentoring a group of MS1s as a part of the FAST program (Faculty And Students Together).  So far we had a great time with them during their orientation week and during our dinner where we were able to meet the faculty advisor.  I always laugh so much when I'm listening to their crazy stories - it's refreshing.

Paul was a wee bit embarrassed from the flash at the fancy restaurant, my bad.
Going for a walk in downtown Pittsburgh after our dinner at the Carlton.

Enjoying the homemade bacon burger
To wrap up the summer and start the new year, I only thought it was appropriate that I thank Paul for the support that he's given me over the last year.  I don't think I would be starting this year of school without him.

Additionally, when I become an MS2, that means Paul also completed a milestone - yep, he's not longer and Intern!  Whoot!  Paul now is a first year anesthesia resident and he's loving every minute of it.  It's so great to see him coming home from work fascinated about his area of care.  I'm so excited for the man.  Nice work Mr. Anderson!

To celebrate the year coming to an end and the new beginning, we went on a few dates.  One was downtown at a fancy restaurant where we didn't necessarily belong, but we brought our coupon and went anyways. We took on a massive curb on accident and we're just thankful that my car survived!  Whoops.

I also decide to finally make Paul some food that included red meat, so I made a gigantic bacon burger with fresh vegetables and guacamole.  A good treat for a growing boy!

Thanks Paul, you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment